Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of a fish I caught (my son is holding it) from a beach in North Carolina. It's a baby Atlantic Sharpnose Shark, about a foot long. My uncle and I caught about 40 of them earlier this week. We also caught one 13" flounder and some small mullets. This was my first time saltwater fishing, so I guess I won't complain. Those sharks sure fight like nothing freshwater that I've caught, for their size. And their teeth are SHARP!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Man I caught my fisrt shark in Wrightsville Beach in NC off a peir, I swear I must of tangled 5 other fisherman in my line before I got it to the peir. I then had to cut the line cause there was no way to get it up. The biggest one I caught was on a charter boat out there it was about 3 and a half feet and man I thought I caught a whale. Good times!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Cool pics....ive never caught a shark, but ive seen some big ones...once i was wading down near Tampa and had a big one swim near me, which made me kinda nervous as i was about waist deep in water--prime get-bit-by-a-shark conditions. i did the combination run/swim/walk back to shore pretty quick.

most of the sharks ive seen on the flats have been small ones though...they are cool to look at, just as long as they arent right next to you. in florida small ones bite people all the time though, but its mostly off the beaches in cloudy water when the sharks cant see that well and think hands and feet are fish

N.C. has alot to offer as far as surf casting...i have taken drives out to Cape Hatteras National Seashore and taken the ferry out to the islands, they are a good place to get lost for a few days with a spinning rod and BBQ grill. lots of surf and sand, and very few people...

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Two years ago I was fishing south of tampa during some rough incoming tide conditions and had to wade to get my bait into the trench that seems to run up the gulf side. I'm out there fishing and see 10 yds from me a pack of bull sharks riding a small wave coming into the trench to also fish. Man me heart stopped and i do beleive I ran on water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts