Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day at Pueblo. Very little wind. Water temps started at 49 and went up to 53 by days end. Fishing was good and I took home a limit. Eighteen walleyes with eight over. And...one fish that's not supposed to be there. Where did he come from? Oh, and I didn't die....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've heard stories of pike, talked to one or two old timers who told me they caught pike but now we have the ultimate proof: Hobie caught the pike! WTG Dave!

How muddy was the water in your area? Seems like it's clearing up a bit.

And glad to see it's picking up. The night bite was a bit better for me last night with the couple days of warm temps. No keepers though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice, had problems sunday out there. Winds were forecasted at 20, i bet it was blowing over 40. But was a good shakedown of the boat after the move to make sure everything was operational. Was thinking of getting back out next week after my parents leave since i took the week off.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I saw a picture of a Pike that was caught in the spawning nets this year.
There must be a breeding population in Pueblo now.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike, I got snipped off once last year at Pueblo. Anyone that fishes for pike on a regular basis ...or fishes for trout in pike waters... knows the feeling. Bite..set the hook and it's whiff..nothing there.. just your line blowing in the wind. Never feel the fish on the set.

Last year, I thought maybe a tiger had made it down from Deweese. Evidently not.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I'm sure the pike will find a way to coexist in there. And good job on the fish and not dying! ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts