Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Moving on from boats to sleds now... Legitimate question: is there such a thing as a death sled (I know nothin' about sleds)? ;D

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a free sled couple years ago. Stenciled across the back was" Death Sled".
True story.

I imagine if you take an old under-powered sled of dubious reliability then ride it out into the boonies you could end up dead pretty easily.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I got a free sled couple years ago. Stenciled across the back was" Death Sled".
True story.

I imagine if you take an old under-powered sled of dubious reliability then ride it out into the boonies you could end up dead pretty easily.
The one I gave you :)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
lol thats a beauty!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
A piece of **** sled like that one without any paddles pulling a sled with a bunch of gear out onto Lake granby can be a death sled. Couple of years ago there were 2 instances of people calling 911 and having to be rescued off the lake stuck in the slush.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
A piece of **** sled like that one without any paddles pulling a sled with a bunch of gear out onto Lake granby can be a death sled. Couple of years ago there were 2 instances of people calling 911 and having to be rescued off the lake stuck in the slush.

https://www.snowest.com/2008/09/measuring-a-sleds-footprint

So, this is interesting. Of course I've gotten stuck in slush. Try not to, but thought that was just part of it. Never called 911 but I did have to let a sled sit on the trail for a week one time before I was able to rescue it. What sleds do you guys recommend for best results at Granby? Based on the article above looks like modern long-track, say 1997 and newer, what I would call a "powder sled."

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m on my second ice fishing sled. On the one hand they are great and fun and make running and gunning way easier. On the other if a sled won’t reliably start it’s not worth the stress. I hate screwing with a snowmobile when I’m trying to fish. Also I learned the hard way, always take an extra belt and pay attention to the noises your sled is making. That thing is gonna need some work. Fun project if you have the time.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Any sleds a "death sled" if ya ride em like Redleader. :eek:;D:thumb: (I've heard stories)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts