Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I fished the derby today in foco after volunteering. I caught one pike on an xrap and then switched over to the bbz1 6 inch. I ended up catching 8 or so bass and landing five of them. The ones I lost popped off just as I was about to land them so I got a good look at all of them. all the bass I got today were this size or slightly bigger. One was a smallmouth and that was the one I would've really liked to get a picture of because of its size and the fact that it was a smallie but oh well. It was tough getting pictures on all of them because of where I was at and the fact that no one seemed to have a phone or anything and plus I didn't have a net. I was fishing with a bunch of other guys that were throwing the typical stuff and I outfished them all with the bbz. It was just killing today. Got some nice pike too.i handed my rod to my buddy to try it out. Within five minutes, he proceeded to land the biggest pike of the day. There was another guy who caught one bass that was easily 9 or more pounds. It was caught on a probably 8inch swimbait. Don't remenebr the exact model but it was big. It was just really cool to outfish the normal lures and get way bigger fish at the same time. I was expecting bigger fish but not numbers of bigger fish. Yes, it's private and what not but fishing it is really cool especially with all my fishing buddies from school. Plus, the kids had a great time. The bottom weighed in at four. The top one, five.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for sharing whomp! Catching numbers of big fish on a private body of water must be pretty sweet :thumb: I think your ready for those big swimbaits to perform in the real world like they did for you this afternoon :D Nice report man, beautiful fish!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Wow major oinkers...Longdraw willl sign up as a 12 year old participant next year!!!!...fun on swim baits for sure...great job!!!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Well done, dude... good times with the kiddos, too.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice bass! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Whomp gettin-r done with multiple rods and techniques. Nice.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Whomp gettin-r done with multiple rods and techniques. Nice.
Whomps technique is in deed flawless....... it takes years of practice to perfect snagging a beast :D What im really curious about is how he then decides which lure would look best in that fish's mouth and how he justifies posting it as a legit catch on a fishing forum lol

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Whomps technique is in deed flawless....... it takes years of practice to perfect snagging a beast :D What im really curious about is how he then decides which lure would look best in that fish's mouth and how he justifies posting it as a legit catch on a fishing forum lol
Hilarious!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts