Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

In your opinion, the BEST fluorocarbon on the market?

• Berkley Vanish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berkley Vanish Transition

• Berkley 100% Fluoro Clear

• Berkley 100% Fluoro Green Tint

• Seaguar Invizx

• Seaguar Red Label

• Suffix Fluoro

• Triple Fish Fluoro

• P-Line Fluoro Clear (yes, I know, it's not 100%)

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the above options are basically what Gander Mtn sells...I pretty much only buy from there, unless there's something I really need/want that Gander doesn't have.

Anyway, pretty much what I'm looking for is some help with some fluoro line for my swimbait setup. I'm most likely going with 17# or 20# test Line. I was using some very thick braid last year, and though I caught a couple, it seems like I could have probably done even better with fluorocarbon.

Please mention why you voted for what line you voted for. The feedback on the lines is really what I'm looking for.

So those are the options, if you choose "other", please elaborate. It will help me with putting together a good setup.

Thanks,

Kinney.... O0

·
Registered
582 Posts
The day swimbait fishing needs fluoro is the day, I drop shot an 8in hudd. But hey it if gives you more confidence than go for it.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I voted Seaguar InvisX because that is all I use. I have used Berk100% and it is sufficient, but not in the ballpark that Seaguar is. Make sure you buy InvisX and/or AbrazX for this application, I have used Tatsu, but it is a finesse only line($$$) so we can leave it at that.

When throwing big baits on Fluoro, make sure you retie often. Like 4X more often than normal. The baits weight puts alot of pressure on the knot. I will use Fluoro excusively for sinking baits both hard and soft to get deeper and for the abrasion resistance. Nothing less than 20#...

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
longdraw said:
I voted Seaguar InvisX because that is all I use. I have used Berk100% and it is sufficient, but not in the ballpark that Seaguar is. Make sure you buy InvisX and/or AbrazX for this application, I have used Tatsu, but it is a finesse only line($$$) so we can leave it at that.

When throwing big baits on Fluoro, make sure you retie often. Like 4X more often than normal. The baits weight puts alot of pressure on the knot. I will use Fluoro excusively for sinking baits both hard and soft to get deeper and for the abrasion resistance. Nothing less than 20#...

Hope this helps!
Yes it does!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I hate flourocarbon.

Hope this helps!  :)

Actually, P-Line Halo is about the best flouro I have used, strong and fairly limp. It has a tint, but so does lakewater.
But hell yeah, use a good nylon co-polymer for swimbaits, Berkley Big-Game, Maxima UltraGreen, or (my favorite!) P-Line CXX.

Some guys use braid, but they are strange. Strange is not bad, but it is strange.

Stick with nylon, believe me. You will be better off.

SS

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hey I haven't used a lot flouro as far as spooled line, but I've used a few you listed as leaders. I voted for other, I like p-line 100% fluoro for leader it's good stuff and I've used it in a few different weights, I've used the heavy stuff 30# and 50# for fishing for notherns. And I've used 6#-12# for leaders bass fishing all weights worked really well. The p-line fluoro clear co-polymer is not even close to as strong per pound test, I've used that spooled and for leaders. I've also used Berkley and it's ok. I'm not a swimbait expert by any means, when I throw swimbaits they are cheap storm baits that weight 1-2oz, but I have fished those quite a bit. My two cents is keep the braid and just throw on a fluoro leader, that way you can always just put on a new leader and you'll know the spooled line is strong and will probably last most of the season. And also if you use the same set up for top water you can lose the leader and not worry about the effect fluoro has on floating baits.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Seagar wins with me hands down... It is still the only floro I have fished that is truly supple... Easy to manage, diameter is small for the LB and the stuff is just plain tough... My second choice is BPS Floro, but I heard they changed their recipe last year and I haven't bought any of the new stuff.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I love me some Triline 100%. **** is pricey though. I have never used Seagar but I hear it's good. Don't bother with Berk IMO. Vanish has been garbage for me in the past.

I use flouro on nearly all my setups and LD has it right. Check that line a lot! I have made it a habit of checking it every few casts if I am anywhere near the bottom.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Vicious Fluoro impressed the he!! out of me last week, just trying it this year after talking to some saltwater guys. I am a huge fan of YO-ZURI hybrid, not true fluoro but all of my spinning rigs have it and last night I got my spool of #40, jen-kai kicks a$$ but costs a ton.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
FLYFISHGEEK said:
Vicious Fluoro impressed the he!! out of me last week, just trying it this year after talking to some saltwater guys.
The memory is pretty darn bad, but it is some tough stuff.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Don't bother with Berk IMO. Vanish has been garbage for me in the past.
Yup, watch your fish and baits VANISH!!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
crankn101 said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:
Vicious Fluoro impressed the he!! out of me last week, just trying it this year after talking to some saltwater guys.
The memory is pretty darn bad, but it is some tough stuff.
good to hear, like I said I just started with it a week or so ago, but first trip out it showed it is tough as I need. I will look at it next time out and see how bad the memory is, can't have that with some baits !!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
FLYFISHGEEK said:
I am a huge fan of YO-ZURI hybrid, not true fluoro but all of my spinning rigs have it and last night I got my spool of #40, jen-kai kicks a$$ but costs a ton.
Right now, I have Triline 100% on 2 reels. Yo Zuri Hybrid on 2 reels. Yo Zuri h2o 100% flouro on another. Love Yo Zuri.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:
I am a huge fan of YO-ZURI hybrid, not true fluoro but all of my spinning rigs have it and last night I got my spool of #40, jen-kai kicks a$$ but costs a ton.
Right now, I have Triline 100% on 2 reels. Yo Zuri Hybrid on 2 reels. Yo Zuri h2o 100% flouro on another. Love Yo Zuri.
Thanks boon for showing me the light :D

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Boondock said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:
I seem to remember a day in which Oyey and I were outfishing you by double while using flouro leaders while you had your braid ;D

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Boondock said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:
I seem to remember a day in which Oyey and I were outfishing you by double while using flouro leaders while you had your braid ;D
Was also drinking that day hahaha
My one reel with braid (spinning).
All your reels had braid.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Boondock said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
Boondock said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
FLYFISHGEEK said:
Was also drinking that day hahaha
My one reel with braid (spinning).
All your reels had braid.
With flouro leader. ;D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts