Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i see that some of these swimbaits weigh upwards of 7 oz or more. i know people cast em. my question is what the hell kinda rods are being used? 10 foot saltwater poles?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I prefer a 10' ugly stick
Slings them out there

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
hey guys. i see that some of these swimbaits weigh upwards of 7 oz or more. i know people cast em. my question is what the hell kinda rods are being used? 10 foot saltwater poles?
I thought about using a surf rod, but I figured it would just give those swimbait snobs another reason to laugh at me (and I mean "another" cuz I'm sure they have plenty already). :p Yeah, just get yourself a swimbait rod.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm new to this fishing thing but I love it. I don't see myself using swimbaits yet. Just like to soak up as much knowledge on fishing as I can. I'm sure that in time I will wanna try it. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm new to this fishing thing but I love it. I don't see myself using swimbaits yet.
Don't do it. Don't try big swimbaits. It's addictive, expensive, not very productive, and people (and many fish) will laugh at you and ridicule your efforts. All the time. ;)

If you ignore the above, then you can get an XH or XHH swimbait rod to throw the 7+ ounce baits. You might make friends with your local orthopedic surgeon, too. I did...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I use a 7.9 foot Dobyn's rod rated up to 3 oz. and love it. I also have A 7' Musky Bucktail rod to throw anything heavier. I bought the Dobyn's from Tackle Warehouse.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Don't do it. Don't try big swimbaits. It's addictive, expensive, not very productive, and people (and many fish) will laugh at you and ridicule your efforts. All the time. ;)

If you ignore the above, then you can get an XH or XHH swimbait rod to throw the 7+ ounce baits. You might make friends with your local orthopedic surgeon, too. I did...
Well played, sir, well played! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Don't do it. Don't try big swimbaits. It's addictive, expensive, not very productive, and people (and many fish) will laugh at you and ridicule your efforts. All the time.

Any sb fish lately?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Any sb fish lately?
You weren't asking me but here are a couple:

I think I'm starting to understand the swimbait craze. The power to tame fish is unreal... Wipers feel like white bass. Bass feel like minnows:

A good fix for a little man complex. And I am a midget. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice fish aofisher. Even though I'm a size or three bigger than a midget, I don't catch a lot of fish. So that should be relative to me...

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
you guys are being racist, they're called little people!!! Midgets are only in wrestling!!! ::) :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
you guys are being racist, they're called little people!!! Midgets are only in wrestling!!! ::) :biggrin1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCfAf4q-_s
Bwahaha! Midget is not a race... I don't technically qualify as a midget, but I'd rather be called a midget (short stature) than a "little person" (could be little in more ways). Mind and soul > flesh. Seriously, I will no longer call myself a midget. But I resent "little person," so "short person" it shall be in the future. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice fish aofisher. Even though I'm a size or three bigger than a midget, I don't catch a lot of fish. So that should be relative to me...
C'mon, man, let your inner little person out. Just let it all out... We are all little in some ways inside. Everything is gonna be OK... :biggrin1:

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Bwahaha! Midget is not a race... :biggrin1:
Not true, I saw midgets race around at the circus all the time when I was a kid(short person)! :smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Any sb fish lately?
You weren't asking me but here are a couple:

I think I'm starting to understand the swimbait craze. The power to tame fish is unreal... Wipers feel like white bass. Bass feel like minnows:

A good fix for a little man complex. And I am a midget.
Nice. Looks like the river2sea waver does the job. I was considering checking those out myself.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Not true, I saw midgets race around at the circus all the time when I was a kid(short person)! :smokin::smokin::smokin:
Different word / grammatical construction. Don’t be like Opry now… You are both better readers than that. :D I guess, I should quit playing that game too. I got you the first time around. :biggrin1: I hope I didn't offend anyone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts