Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide between the two. Curado is 50 bucks more and is more appealing to me aesthetically. However, the lexa and extra 50 I can grab another bait or two.

What say you guys

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
If you have to ask, you're not ready for it...

Jokes aside, really, Shimano. No question. I have a Lexa, I use it all the time, I like it, but it's still no Shimano.

Now if it was about money (which it doesn't seem to be), and not really a choice between the two, the Lexa has been fine for me. I know of at least 3 people that have had problems with their Lexas, though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have one of each and like them both. Seem to think I need one more swimbait set up. It will be another curado. The curado casts further and is better built imo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curado it is then. I want this real to last me a bit and I like the curado more personally. I was just trying to be financially reasonable and weigh a cheaper option. Sounds like you get what you pay for in this instance so I'll grab the shimano.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I know of 3-4 different lexas that have had to be repaired... Curados are bullet proof and fish excellent. I have 2 lexas, they are very good reels, so if you have to go with the lexa because of budget, you won't be sad... but if you can afford the curado, I prefer it hands down.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Ebay new
Should be able to find one for 200$ ish new
Also consider a 200 size reel if you are throwing baits under 3oz

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Ebay new
Should be able to find one for 200$ ish new
Also consider a 200 size reel if you are throwing baits under 3oz
Definitely should consider this... I use my curado 200 for smaller baits for sure.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
"Hey man, when are we meeting so you can get me that beer? They have 2 fer 1 on Thursday nights. You realize that since technically you owe me the value of one whole beer, that that free one would be mine too, right?"

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
"Hey man, when are we meeting so you can get me that beer? They have 2 fer 1 on Thursday nights. You realize that since technically you owe me the value of one whole beer, that that free one would be mine too, right?"

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
The Daiwa Tatula HD I bought 2 years ago has served me well. They are cheap on Ebay. They are not "real" heavy duty reels according to some but it's actually what I needed: a lighter reel for a light duty swimbait combo.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
The Daiwa Tatula HD I bought 2 years ago has served me well. They are cheap on Ebay. They are not "real" heavy duty reels according to some but it's actually what I needed: a lighter reel for a light duty swimbait combo.
I have two Tatulas, and sure wish they made a 300 series in them. I really like mine. I've had them for two seasons, and have had no issues with them, and they cast like butta.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have two of the Curado 300s and love them. I just unloaded my Tatula and replaced it with a Curado 200. Spend the extra money if you can! That said i have never had a Lexa, but I hated the Tatula.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
What was it about your Tatula you hated, if I may ask?
It just wasn't the reel my Curado's were. Hard to adjust? I never mastered the brake on it. That may of just been me, but I am not going to waste time trying to make something work when I already have something that has been flawless.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
It just wasn't the reel my Curado's were. Hard to adjust? I never mastered the brake on it. That may of just been me, but I am not going to waste time trying to make something work when I already have something that has been flawless.
I see. Wish I'd known you were selling!

I agree with you about adjusting them. They are TOUCHY to say the least. Still good reels though, IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts