Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted anything here for a while.....the latest project :)

the dec wrap is still in progress.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blank is one of a kind right now :) It was dubbed The Beast by Alex, the owner of Hydra and ALX rods. I kinda complained that I needed something heavier than the Hydra BTSWB955 and he baked it up for me, it's 8' and the ratings are currently unknown, but it's heavier than the 955 by quite a bit, I wanted it primarily for 6oz baits, but I think it may have a little more in it. Current weight before the dec wrap and trim wraps on the grips and seat is 6.7oz, will likely run out to 7.5 once I'm fully finished with it.

I normally like Kigan guides, but they don't make any tips to go on this one, I went with fuji size 8's tangle free guides all the way down, spiral wrapped to the left.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
It doubles as a thiefbeater too!!!

Purdy rod KK... I am excited to give it a toss.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Wow a Baltimore Raven's swimbait rod...perfect Bronco fan Christmas gift!...if Rahim Moore would of had that he could of knocked that pass down the year Baltimore stole Payaton's only chance for a superbowl ring with the donks!

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Going to start reading about andrew selling rods for thousands due to craftmanship!...that is sweeeeeet!...

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah man, I quit selling but to a select few. Iffen you're lucky enough to see something in the for sale section, it'll be rare.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sad thing is that I'm about 3 hour of work away from finishing the dec wrap, then another 2 hours from completing the rod.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It currently has 6 more threads on each axis than in this pic and needs lots of packing adjustments so that I can close the wrap out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I really like the wrap and the colors. Nice work.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update.....

Could not stand it anymore and tried to finish it, what started with a single thread popping during the packing process ended up like this....it was intentional after the first pop. You don't know how glad I am that this is done now.

It looks like this now.

Not at all happy with the finish on the hook hanger, I will re-do those, I can't explain what I did to get some contaminant on there to screw up the finish like that, the other wraps I did at the same time came out nice, just those two wraps.......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts