Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To support my perpetual habit of building rods, I sell some to build more. I don't think I need 5 swimbait rods, so 3 of them have got to go.

the two on the left are both Hydra NG BTSWB954's, translated, that's a 95"(7'11") 4 power, it will throw 1/2oz to 3oz baits, $150 each, just trying to get parts cost out of them.

The one on the right is a way heavy Swimbait rod. It started life as a 9' one piece composite boat/troll blank rated to 8oz, I cut it down to 8' and built it that way, the stick does physically weigh a lot, but it's not meant to throw dainty baits and get tiny nibbles. Same here, parts price was around $130.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Drew, how does the heavy rod compare in weight and feel to my Phenix you built? Is it also a Hydra?

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The heavy one does not compare at all to the phenix. The phenix is a performance swimbait all graphite stick. The heavy one is a lamiglas a heavy walled boat troll rod meant for salty fish, it's a heavy walled blank and it weighs alot, but it's composite, the tip is fiberglass and it turns to graphite down the rod, so it will cast 1oz and it will cast 7oz, probably more, I had 7 oz on it casting in the back yard and it handled it well.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, sold all 3 this morning. Thanks.

I still have other swimbait rods ready to fish, I just didn't need to have 5 of them sitting around. :)

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anytime I sell something for parts cost, or less in some cases, they get hooked up. I already ordered parts for 4 more rods of varying techniques :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts