Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We bought two new swimbait rods and two Calcutta 300s with our tax return this year. My main focus is to learn how to use them for pike and wiper. I have had my eye on this area that's is just full of tall grass and wood. Just a frickin nightmare to fish jerkbaits in!!! I could see the wipers in there waking in the shallow water "2-3 feet", and we shined a bunch of eye's in there after dark on several occasions.

I started out about 6 pm and most of the stuff I had in mind to use were just to heavy to fish in the timber that shallow. So I got some large swim shad rigged weedless and threw them on a heavier spinning rod. I remember several people advising me to give them a second when you feel the thud then set the hook! Well I missed my first three. I finally got the idea to just burn them right under the surface:thumb: That much fun should be illegal! I landed 7 wipers between 6-10 lbs and lost several more^-^ I also got a 3.5 lb walleye as a bonus! I got the first five before it got dark, but the biggest one came late in the evening.

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Good work!...

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
I fucking hate cleaning Wipers!!! I may never keep another one?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

YOU KILLED THEM!?...lol youre banned from Jurassic Pond!...barbarian...lol

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

YOU KILLED THEM!?...lol youre banned from Jurassic Pond!...barbarian...lol
Weren't you the one that coined them Cornish Hen Wipers:confused: Besides, I will probably never catch one at the pond ever anyway, lol.

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Weren't you the one that coined them Cornish Hen Wipers:confused: Besides, I will probably never catch one at the pond ever anyway, lol.
Yep anything under 10 cornish game wipers = eaters...just barking...lol...havent given you much **** this spring...too much working at work...finally got the boat out 2 months late last weekend...and yes cleaning wipers suck...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep anything under 10 cornish game wipers = eaters...just barking...lol...havent given you much **** this spring...too much working at work...finally got the boat out 2 months late last weekend...and yes cleaning wipers suck...
I kept the first 6 lber because Kelly likes Wiper. Then I had another that the Owner Beast Swimbait hook went thru the roof of its mouth right into it's eye. So I kept that one also.

To be honest I much prefer walleye and pike on the table!!! But Wiper is good also I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts