Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently decided to paint a bait I made like five or six years ago. Figured y'all might enjoy seeing it.

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
SS sighting!!! How ya doing Bro?? That bait is SWEET!!! Great job!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm good. I wish I could say I miss Colorado, but... I miss a few people, a few places. But overall I like it out here.

Spent a little time last fall salmon fishing, the returns were terrible. I fished tidewater areas in a couple bays, very few fish ran due to the low flows and hot water. I have not been after steelhead once. Not really interested in glorified mrt's at this juncture. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

Actually have not been spending nearly as many days on the water the last couple years. This is due to a range of factors, (sharing a car with my wife, trying to get my business going, etc.) but the bass fishing out here is very good compared to Colorado. I don't have a home lake yet, as I keep going someplace new almost every time I go. So many natural lakes out here, plus rivers and reservoirs. Oh, and the Pacific. That too. I enjoy the **** out of surf perch fishing/eating.

Hope y'all are well.

SS

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Greetings SS missed your warpedness...hearing Tony say yeah that crazy mfer really said that!...glad to hear it is going well...great things should happen to great people...

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Really glad it's going great for ya up there and here's to the good times going forward!

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
You mean I can't filet, cook, and eat that? Hella nice paint man. Once day when I settle down the rods, I want to get into building some of my own baits, I hope they come out a half as good looking as this.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stole a tail off a bait l made a few years back. It is a little bit undersized, but whatever. I was feeling lazy.

I need to upsize the hooks one size, and add a tiny bit of weight to the tail section, like a gram or two, and we are done.

It swims in a very natural manner, without the exaggerated serpentine movement of some three piece baits. The tail wants to rise a little, and l dont like that, but it will be easy to fix.

Pretty pleased, l think l will get some fish with this one.

SS

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts