Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But I had to give them a a try to see what the fad was about. Caught 3 on a 12 hour trip:

Caught more fish on smaller lures but the only pike of the trip did come on a swimbait. Both of those trout died. The pike still swims, hopefully. Thanks for the trip and the new addiction, Cher. I did end buying a few more lures after the trip... None of the Japanese crap, Tony. All American here! Beside, I can't afford that Japanese stuff :D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the bbz-1?
Junior. I'd have to get a new rod to throw the 8" model, unless I were to use one of my surf rods, but I don't like the thought of throwing lures for hours on an 11' surf rod. I'm all for hard work and punishment but I think it would be a major fashion faux pas. :D

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Junior. I'd have to get a new rod to throw the 8" model, unless I were to use one of my surf rods, but I don't like the thought of throwing lures for hours on an 11' surf rod. I'm all for hard work and punishment but I think it would be a major fashion faux pas. :D

Definitely.......and the snobby swimbaiters would be pointing and laughing at you behind your back. Nice work AO.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Catching fish is a great way to avoid the dreaded "pointlaugh1"

Solid outing, keep rolling with it.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice! Fun learning a new technique

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, Bobo, mac and pike. Wonder where?
Really easy to figure out if you know anything about where those three species of fish can be found. I was more interested in hiding the specific spot, which my buddy took me to. I probably would never have fished that specific spot otherwise. I was thinking in my head: "buddy, I don't think there be any fish here" when the pike bit. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was a good time. You left your bag of baits in my truck...
Really? I thought I had all my stuff... I've been busy and have not fished since then or looked at my stuff. The only fishing related activity I have done since then was to buy lures... $305 dollars so far. ::)

Nice! Fun learning a new technique
Mighty fun! In case anoyne missed it, I was being facetious in the title and when I used the word "fad."

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was also being "facetious"!
You are still being "facetious," you unrepentant sinner! :mad2: And snake murderer! :D BTW, those snake threads were entertaining.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have spent the last month fishing for Wipers and bass with swimbaits. I bought some Hudds, Trash Fish, Castiac and Matt lures baits. I am finally starting to catch some fish with them on my new casting outfits. Including a 14 lb wiper. I am hooked big time:biggrin1:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts