Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. hope everyone got out and fished this weekend. ;D
well i got out and caught a few. i fished on saturday from 12:00 to 2:30 caught 5 rainbows. i fished in about 8 fow caught them on either a pink atomic ant tipped with mealworm or an orange bucktail with nightcrawler on it. the funny thing is i had to have both tied on my line at the same time the pink on top anfd the orange about 18" below otherwise they would not hit. anyways the cabins up there are real nice. i even got my wife out on the ice(her first time) although the snow around the lake was 2 feet thick and we got a real good workout. sorry so long. here are some pictures.

me with the first one 13" rainbow

me with second one 12" rainbow

the cabin we stayed in

the lake very pretty

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry so long. the cabin is 60 bucks a night and sleeps 6. we went through glenwood canyon on saturday. the colorado looks like it is starting to show signs on runoff. what a great trip ;D

R

·
0 Posts
Is there a phone number or web site for the cabins? I have fished Sylvan in the summer but never caught anything, but the scenery is beautiful! I would like to find out more about the cabins if possible?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just go to the colorado state parks website and you can reserve there or find out info

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Think thats the same picture twice? Looks like a great time. Was the weather nice? You and your no coat ice fishing. :p

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah my wife noticed i put the same picture twice but i will post the other picture. it was 29 degrees according to my truck thermometer. as long as the wind wasn't blowing it was nice ;D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

sorry fellas that is the second fish

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ice fishing without a coat in that kind of temp. You have my respect Afishman. You are a true mountaineer or just plain crazy.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you ask my wife, i am looney ;D as well as everyone here at work as i only wear tank tops to work all year long. epic also thinks i am crazy >:D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i have to thank the wife for that flattering shot. ???

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
afishman, like me, stays warm from a different kind of "insulation" and it's all natural!
;D

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
all these years i though i was overweight, now i know i'm just well insulated, good to know, the skinny people got nothing on me ,except in the summer time. ;D

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
My mom always referred to my stature as husky and we husky or slightly chubby if one wants to be rude are so far ahead of all the thin people when the not so far in the future ice age hits.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i can go a long time without a meal in case the bird flu hits >:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts