Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey CFF crew, Haven't been on in awhile, thought I needed to get back in the swing of things. Went out Friday before the storm, 1st day of winter break, headed up North to one of my early ice spots. This trip was a great example of location,location,location. 1st spot, 14ft of water, picked up one quickly then nothing for about 20mins, WTF???, moved about 30yds, 11ft of water, steady fish for 3 hours. Beautiful day, kept a limit for a family taco night, and got plenty of exercise getting in and out. (no snow on the trail made it much easier) small jigs and piece of crawler was all that was needed, only caught perch, except for 1 small brown trout. all perch 8.5 - 9 in. Look forward to catching up with you guys this ice season!

Happy Holidays!
JohnnyO

·
Registered
843 Posts
Nice catch, you mentioned good exercise getting in and out. How many miles may I asked, same or lesser than Slayer? For an out of shape guy like me, should I have an ambulance park outside the parking lot just in case....?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Same spot as Mike. About a mile or so to the dam, which is the easy part:) I've only fished the back part of the lake, bet it's another mile or so, getting to the back part of the lake, lots of ups & downs, snow definitely makes the hike harder. When the lake freezes solid, you can walk around on the lake, but be careful as there are a few springs in the center of the main lake.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Same spot as Mike. About a mile or so to the dam, which is the easy part:) I've only fished the back part of the lake, bet it's another mile or so, getting to the back part of the lake, lots of ups & downs, snow definitely makes the hike harder.
Very nice haul! :thumb: Is the main lake capped, or just the back?

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Eff that ice. Y'all can have that ****. Gonna go a bit further north to the promised land Friday..

·
P I K E
10,159 Posts
Nice job Johnny! Good to see a post from ya again!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nice haul, I talked to someone and they got skunked there, that would suck putting that much work to get there and come out empty handed, but that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Welcome back, Johnny!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts