Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these on a fishing show. They were used while trolling to keep the lure down. Anybody ever used these?

·
Registered
516 Posts
"The Next Bite"- trolling for post spawn Erie walleye? Good show- never used a tadpole ( no boat, therefore, no trolling), but looked like a pretty cool device. Those guys on the show did'nt seem to have a problem fishing w/ them....

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
i wont be buying any. i read a report on them when they first came out over a year ago and didnt see any advantage of them over what i use now at much lower price

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
^^ true... like reading the pontifications of a 5 year old southern Indiana boy who "don't like no schoolin'".
I must be missing a cultural reference? Wasn't aware Southern Indiana boys were particularly lackin' in schoolin'.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Its okay. You've never lived in the area. ;) Jeffersonville, Pekin, Salem, and New Albany Indiana.... potentially the most poorly educated and morally bereft place I have ever lived. It is painful to have (or try to have) a conversation with people from there.... my wife's entire family lives in that area. Thank God SHE got out with all her teefers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Its okay. You've never lived in the area. ;) Jeffersonville, Pekin, Salem, and New Albany Indiana.... potentially the most poorly educated and morally bereft place I have ever lived. It is painful to have (or try to have) a conversation with people from there.... my wife's entire family lives in that area. Thank God SHE got out with all her teefers.
You might be right. Quite a bit of light shaded areas in Indiana: http://www.edgetech-us.com/images/Map/Gallery/INS/bs.gif
But then again, I seen people with bachelor's degrees who couldn't write any better than middle school kids... Anyway, sorry for the digression. pop culture is cool, at least most of the time.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I haven't got a bachelor's degree either. I suppose I am one of the uneducated masses as well. ;)

O.P., sorry for the Off topic here. I will recede into the background. ;)

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
we do a good bit of trolling, but these are not good for us. most of our trolling is in nasty stuff and leadcore is best for what we do. we seldom go as slow as 2.0 mostly we are going 2.7 to 3.5 and it is not unusual to loose as many as 10 rigs per day to trees and rocks, but you go where the fish are. last year we caught at least 1 keeper eye from apr to aug each time we went out and most were in 15 feet of water or less. yes you can go up and down the middle of the lake and not get hung up but in the daytime you wont get many fish. if you want to stay out all night that is a great way to catch good fish here from midnight till about 5 am. however when the jet skis and boarders and the big crusiers come out to play the fish head to the nasty stuff. now that you cant get off the lake from 11pm till 5 am we dont fish those hours anymore

1 - 17 of 17 Posts