Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up a crowded tail water and then some soft water lake with Hummus. The little creek was packed with anglers. This is normal for this place, which is why I never go there, but I had the tail water bug still in me from the Taylor last weekend.

We found a pod of fish that were feasting on a midge hatch for several hours around 10:30am

I managed a cutty:

Several browns:

and a couple bows:

Got a few on an egg in the morning and then the midge hatch came on and the fish were all over a size 24 gray thread body (photoed):

Saw some Goldeneyes:

Some mallards (duck, duck, goose (har!)):

and Redheads:

Hummus caught a little rainbow in the lake but that was it between the two of us over about an hour and 4 moves.

;)

Shoulda called you James, but it was a knee jerk, last minute decision.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
TANGLER-

What camera do you use for those great highly detailed close-up shots? Special lenses?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
TANGLER-

What camera do you use for those great highly detailed close-up shots? Special lenses?
It's just the macro setting on my Canon Powershot D10 compact. The thing takes stellar macros!

slowdown said:
Nice tangler. Looks like those river skills are really taking off. Will have to get out and put them to the test this spring.
Would love to go hit the Ark or maybe the Rado with you again brother!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I love it! (except that you all didn't call :D) Great shots, love the Duck pictures. Um.. the first pic? Did you only hit the two spots?

As always, awesome post (my favorites on here), For some reason, really liked this one ;D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Enjoyed the pics!!!

D.J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts