Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
I ran into Donald yesterday at Gander. He's considering shutting the site down because of all the vitriol.

Yeah, I've contributed on occasion. I'll work on that.

I'm just tossing the possibility out there......
I agree with a guy I've argued with on here a lot.

Fer cryin' out loud...

Take a deep breath and think about it before you hit the "post" button. Better yet, go to bed and take another look in the morning. I wish I would have done so more often.

Met some good friends on this site, and the site has influenced some of my economic activity.

I sure don't want to go down in this site's history as the straw that broke the camel's back.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Good advice. If Dave and I can stay out of each other's way, then anyone can if they make a real effort.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
Go fishing with someone you think you can't stand...

...it'll change your opinion of them immensly.
EPC.....this is probably one of the most accurate comments I've seen here in awhile. There are several guys I have met thru CFF whom I consider personal friends that just might seem like polar opposites to me when it comes to most things but particularly when it comest to religious and political ideology. What I have discovered is that beyond those differences these guys are some of the highest quality individuals and personalities that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The common thread between myself and any of these guys is our shared passion for fishing and the outdoors.........and also a shared understanging and appreciation for conservation. That last one is probably the one that determines more than anything as it applies to whether or not a chance meeting or a single fishing trip with a guy will turn into an ongoing friendship..........moreso than any other factor. Go fish with someone you are convinced you won't like................you will often find some endearing qualities to them and if not.............you are conveniently close to water and can just shove 'em in the lake for a good laugh.

·
Registered
297 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
Go fishing with someone you think you can't stand...

...it'll change your opinion of them immensly.
This is why I want to fish with the situation. and maybe GFYODF.

it's just an internet forum, but I have met alot of good people on here.

if it's true, then i'll either "self ban" or cool down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts