Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
we fished it during the tourny 2 weeks ago with no luck! a couple guys we fished near did ok, but slow! We fished literally right in front of the boat slips! 20'- 60' really quick! It would be fun if you have a snow machine to pull the kids around, but as far as catching goes, not the best idea!

Jim

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
I remember GFYODF saying the ice can really vary on Grand Lake...good ice in one spot and not so good a few feet away even in the coldest of winters..I was surprised he didnt chime in earlier...especially with kiddos involved...unless I am thinking about somewhere else...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
zman said:
I remember GFYODF saying the ice can really vary on Grand Lake...good ice in one spot and not so good a few feet away even in the coldest of winters..I was surprised he didnt chime in earlier...especially with kiddos involved...unless I am thinking about somewhere else...
My brother did put a leg through near the inlet years ago. Ice was plenty thick where we were fishing, but a few feet away, splash! Two weeks ago there was open water in the canal by the bridge. I just assumed it was from the moving water into Shadow Mountain! Something to consider for sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts