Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am teaching the fishing merit badge for a troop in Golden. One of the requirements is to catch, clean, and eat a fish. My planned fishing trip is Feb. 26th and I was originally planning on heading to Chatfield and catching some stockers. However with this warm weather, the Denver metro lakes have sketchy ice conditions and I will be forced to head to higher elevations.

I am looking for suggestions on where to bring scouts where there is decent action for any kind of species. I was thinking Georgetown, Evergreen, or Green Mtn Res. I can put them on fish at Green Mtn, but it is a bit of a drive for parents. I have never fished Georgetown or Evergreen. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Planning on fishing Monday (2/21) at the lake I will take the scouts to. Thanks for the help!

-Ryan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Go to Georgetown. Fish in the west side of the bridge right out in the middle. Waxies and Ratso's in yellow, green, and pink.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
How about Golden Gate Canyon State Park? Their pond is usually pretty good for stockers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips and lake suggestions. I never did think about golden gate ponds. I have hammered the fish there in the summer. Havent really nailed down a lake yet, but you guys are really helping me out. I almost always go for walleye or lakers, never smaller trout.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Isn't there a couple private lakes in the area that are basically run by Boy Scouts? I think one is called Peaceful Valley! Another one is up near Golden/Boulder area! That info likely doesn't help much, but...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts