Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe a couple of skunkings :-[

So, I haven't been able to fish much at all lately, but here are stories from the times I've made it out.. ( Unfortunatly, they're Not fish stories :'()

Personally, I don't consider it a skunking if I fish for less than an hour. (I need time to explore and figure out a pattern and all... ;)) Since I was fishing w/ Mike/hammer though, there was a witness, so I should report it..

Very cold day at my home lake... Mike texts me that he's fishing, and already caught a Rainbow, so I head out... ;D

It didn't take long before hammer landed a Brown Trout, but that would be it for the fish.. It was freezing.. I kept trying, even went to the spot he landed his at :-[, but no luck.. Would've even tried tying on something like what worked for him, but my hands were too cold. I fished till my hands were frozen. Afterwards, I went to Safeway, andd couldn't even work the buttons on the Blockbuster dvd machine.. :(

Mike, real nice fishing w/ you, and thanks for all the Nitro (I plan on using it Monday ;))

Here are a couple pics form that day off my cell..

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/jamesfs/cellphonepics192.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, Rick/ePiC, and his wife Shana visted Estes Park, and we (the kids and I) were fortunate enough to have dinner w/ them. We ate at Smokin Dave's BBQ & Tap House. Normally, I'd recommend them, but I think we were all a little disapointed they were out of Pulled Pork (and a couple of other things) on a Saturday night.. :-\ I had the fish & chips and it was really good, and both my kids loved their meals..

Ron/BOTTOM FEEDER, sorry you couldn't make it, we'll have to go again

Rick, it was real nice seeing you all again. tell Shana we had pulled bbq chicken sandwiches a few days later at Bass Pro Mmmm! ;D

After that, I haven't been able to fish. Until Sunday.. I was going to a can't miss spot, and had been counting down the days...

Driving own, I spotted some Bighorn Sheep. Active wildlife is a great sign on a fishing day, things were looking good ;D

Isabella spotted some Deer not far from the lake

Finally! ;)

I couldn't wait till I took my first cast, wouldn't be long before Fish On!

Well,

1st, I had hoped water would be moving in.. It wasn't..
No big thing, there'd still be hungry fish in there..

2nd, the hungry fish, well... they had plenty to eat. There were dead Shad everywhere..

3rd, my favorite spot.. Not too easy to fish...

I don't give up easy, drove to another spot, but heard a strange noise coming from the lake, and took a peak

Even if the Gulls would share some fish, there was the ice to deal with..

No Fish On that day... :'(

I'll close this up w/ some pictures from RMNP, and my hood...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Re: Tale of a Skunk . . . . . (hanging w/ some CF.com members & some wildlife pics)

Excellent pictorial series as always. I wonder what the guys wading in Lake (X? E?) were targeting, and with what kind of tackle . . .

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Tale of a Skunk . . . . . (hanging w/ some CF.com members & some wildlife pics)

Knute said:
Excellent pictorial series as always. I wonder what the guys wading in Lake (X? E?) were targeting, and with what kind of tackle . . .
Thanks, they're were 4 of em, flyfishing. As far as I know, they didn't catch anything, at least not while I was there.. They were there before I was though, so? In the pic, they were wading back towards truck. They had been out closer to some leftover ice.. Hardcore either way ;D, it was cold that day too

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Excellent pictures! To bad on the skunks...but at least ya' got out.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Nice pictures James! I got the skunk at lunch today too.... Felt great to actually be out casting again though. My kid already has over 20 trout and a couple bass this year. I've got one walleye and two trout! In my defense he gets more fishing in than I do.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

i was chased by a cow elk in esstes park last summer.....she was after me a good 50 yards.....I used a parked car to cricle around.....she stood there a couple of minutes before she lost interest. I felt powerless without my 306

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

James always a pleasure hanging out with ya man. Next time maybe we can fish and then have pulled pork.....mmmmmm. You live in such a great part of the state, Im so jealous. Thanks for hanging out with the wife and I for dinner.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

I know where that Lake X is. :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts

Wildlife Pics are the best. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts

Nice pics! Bound to get a few skunking this time of the year....I've had several myself...

Yakatut said:
i was chased by a cow elk in esstes park last summer.....she was after me a good 50 yards.....I used a parked car to cricle around.....she stood there a couple of minutes before she lost interest. I felt powerless without my 306
Yes, I've atacked a couple times too, had to fight it out with a cow elk one time. I was wishing for my 308 at that point...people think the bulls are bad..they are not as bad as the cows in the spring. Bulls may give chase in the fall but if you back off they give up fast unlike the cows.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

dieseldoctor said:
Nice pictures James! I got the skunk at lunch today too.... Felt great to actually be out casting again though. My kid already has over 20 trout and a couple bass this year. I've got one walleye and two trout! In my defense he gets more fishing in than I do.
Your son has an excellent teacher :)

ePiC said:
James always a pleasure hanging out with ya man. Next time maybe we can fish and then have pulled pork.....mmmmmm. You live in such a great part of the state, Im so jealous. Thanks for hanging out with the wife and I for dinner.
I do love our town ;D Hope you all move up here someday. We ate at Dave's again last night (they actually had pork :D) If you don't make it out this summer, I'll have top plan a trip out your way this fall..

elkdeerbear said:
I know where that Lake X is. :eek:
I'm pretty sure you do ;)

BOTTOM FEEDER said:
Hey Ya'll! Nice photos! ;) Spring is here soo let's do it. I can' wait to try out my new lite rods & reels. BOTTOM FEEDER! 8)
Thanks Ron, and congrats again on retirement. Be ready to get out next week , our lake's heating up ;)

Thanks everyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts