Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Right on Eric, thanks for writing this blog, hopefully you have rattled a few cages and more guys will start advocating by going to the meetings.

Like you said, in order for them to make changes or try new things, they want data to support any decisions. The big problem I noticed is that scientific data is expensive and time-consuming to get. The CPW only has so much money to spend, and X amount of man power. A lot of times fisheries managers have to use whatever data they can get there hands on. In this area, old studies from the 90's that were not even conducted on these waters are being used to manage Lake Trout.

Getting them to hire more people, and increase the budget is a very tall order. But it's the only way to really progress and start bringing our fisheries up to their full potential.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
In 5 years of fishing quincy religiously I have never personally seen a bass leave on a stringer, but I know it happens. I agree it could be such a sweet fishery if it became catch and release for bass, oh and if half the state would stop attending it on the weekends...Nice write up I totally agree with you, unfortunately like stated being in the middle of the week that takes a lot of people out of the picture. Would have been nice to have it held on a weekend

1 - 5 of 5 Posts