Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plan on going to the mile but decided tarryall would be fun. A little late but me and a couple buddies fish tarryal saturday and man it was rough we got there at 9 and left around 5 only catch three little guys total. We started off by the boat ramp in about 21 fow, 18 inch more or less of ice then moved closer and closer to 18 then 13 and still nothing. So we moved to the other side by the out let and a little sketched out considering how close the open water was, we decided to pop a hole so we drilled and drilled.... and drilled... and one more go we broke through ice was 3ft thick 18 fow after a good two hours I caught one then my buddy hooked up on a couple and that was it. It was cool my first time at tarryall but man it was a long day.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Beats the skunk though for sure. 3' ice is a ***** (especially when you use a hand auger like me)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The mile has been real slow. lucky to get anything there. i was there with you sat. fishing was good till the lake got all crowed. bout when u all got there

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea we set up next to a big group of guys they were a fun crowd to be next to this guy was trying to get a knot out of his line that looked like itd take him forever felt bad for the guy ha but when you have friends like his you don't really feel bad anymore haha

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't think I have ever caught anything at tarryall except a tow ride out from that bumpy ass road bouncing **** loose on the diesel. That lakes road is why I have a 4runner for fishing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have been there way early but I work til 6 in the morning and well being from pueblo the drive is like 2-2 n half hours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts