Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a few dads and daughters to Tarryall  to camp/fish/hike.  Caught 6 bows & 1 pike.  All trout were 12" expect this two lb.er.  It was her first fish on a snoppy pole, caught from shore on a bananna split (aka as marshmellow & red salmon egg).  Saw bighorn sheep, elk, and mule deer, gotta love this state. Hittin Steamboat during the holiday.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jeffmonument

Do you know if they alow camping at the lake or did you camp else where?
We are going up there this weekend. I love that picture.
Thanks
Ling Reader

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ron Parker said:
She's really cute! Is it worth putting a boat on?  I'm thinking about taking my little one .
The drive alone is worth it -- it is a pretty little lake and perfect for boating. I iced it late winter and landed ~30 rainbows. nothing big then -- but they are growing, Just beware the south park wind

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks Fowl Hooked, I got a chance to ice fish it this year. Up until it was closed, I fish it alot. I think it's time to take my little one up there, I think she'll love it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take the boat, it is worth it.  Again just watch that afternoon wind it was calm early morning and late afternoon.
Camping- Yes, u can camp on the lake (free), but no wind block.  We camped at Spuce Grove (15 miles away from the lake, towards Lake George)on County Rd 77, it is on Tarryall Creek.  Awesome rock croppings, it was $10/night ( i think).  First come on either campsite so leave early since it is the holiday weekend

1 - 8 of 8 Posts