Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the ice situation at Tarryall?  Seems I read or heard people were ice fishing it, but I don't have any solid info.  Am thinking of heading up this weekend with a couple folks from this board.

Please feel free to PM if you don't want to post.  Thanks!!

Don

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trout. Maybe I'll see you there. I drive a red Expedition w/ a BigFishTackle.com sticker on the rear window.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
r u the guy that has a ton of ice poles, blue clam shanty, heater, power auger etc. ??? and a large green trash bag ;D

i might have seen you last year

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tekneek said:
r u the guy that has a ton of ice poles, blue clam shanty, heater, power auger etc.   ??? and a large green trash bag  ;D

i might have seen you last year
:eek: Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Hi Thom!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would join you don, but i want at least one more week of ice making and cold! i also have a ton of chores the wife wants done before her family comes in from canada for christmas. i also want to hit the ski slopes once before christmas. but count on mon. 12/26, any day over new year's weekend, and almost any weekend in january and february...so just let me know.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll call you. Tomorrow may be my only chance before Christmas. I didn't realize you were back on here under a different name.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Don (and the rest of the gang),

We went to Tarryall today. Open water in the middle. We fished just to the south of the dam. We had 8 inches of ice there. There were also some folks fishing the southern shore. Ice is really moving and popping. My butt tried to grab my chair a few times when the ice popped right under us. We didn't venture out very far. We didn't need to. We caught some stockers near shore in about 8-9 feet of water. Pink and chartreuse seemed to be the colors of choice - just off the bottom. Tipped with wax or half a meal worm (nothing on crawler pieces). Sure is fun to see that bobber dip again.

Never made it to 11 mile like I first planned (sorry Slayerfish)

Jeff

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Cheese-

All my would be partners have cancelled, but I may still go anyway. Or I may do 11 Mile. Or I may sleep in! ;D

If I go, I'll let you all know how it was.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Fished Taryall today (Sunday the 3rd) the middle is frozen over now. Spent most of our time in 20 feet of water by the dam 7-8 inches of ice. Lots of Bo's and a couple of browns 1/2 just off the bottom and half 6-8 feet below the surface.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fly Chucker said:
Fished Taryall today (Sunday the 3rd) the middle is frozen over now.
I'll bet it is! When I got there about 8:00 Saturday morning it was 8 degrees. Brrrrr!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts