Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the ice season is almost here, and tarryall re-opened, what are the thoughts/predictions for it as a place to go. i think it would be a great quick lake to hit. close enough. small for moving around. nice inlet stream. close to the road for parking/access to fish. nice overall setting. but what about the fish?
i have never fished it during any season so i am also curious what the winter pressure will be like.
thanks,

thom

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Ive iced tarryall prolly 20 times since 1992.We use it as a bailout when 11-mile sucks. Almost guaranteed bobo's there,sometimes a brown or pike.Never noticed a ton of pressure ,its kind of a forgotten spot.Could be a sleeper this year,although I think it needs another year to grow some big ones.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i've had some great days on the point up by the inlet. used jigs tipped with mealworms.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think you on to something, I believe a person could do good there.
The fishing this summer was way ahead of schedule (fishing growing at a better rate than expected.)
Good luck, welcome to the forum and come on back and give us a report....monday...right? 8)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I used to ice some pretty good pike there using waterdogs. I know they were hoping to get rid of the pike but I hope they didn't. I really liked having them in there along with the brownies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts