Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Tarryall Res. this morning. Was suppossed to meet Grumpie Gills and 73fisherman. But they were a no show. Just got a PM from Patrick saying Kenosha Pass was closed this morning and they had to turn around. Guess I'm glad we didn't go to Green Mt. Res. like we orginally planned, maybe next week. Damn snow. Saw three nice 6X6 bull elk on the way in this morning. That Tarryall Road from Lake George sure is in good shape. >:D Don't know if thats worse than the road going to Elevenmile? Think its a tie. Was pretty slow for Tarryall. I only caught 4 rainbows, lost 1, and had 6 other hits. Tried a tube jig with sucker meat for a while for Mr. pike. Fished in 22 feet of water. Used the new Humminbird 160 fish finder. Once I figure out how to use the electronics right I'll catch more fish. ;D First time I've used a fish finder on the ice since my old one broke 3 years ago. Marking most fish only 6-10 feet down. Fish caught on wax worms with small pink jigs.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
yea kinda pissed it was closed, the roads wernt that bad and the wind was very light. :mad: something may have happened on the other side, i dont know. i still cant find anything on the net about the closure either, so it leads me to believe they expected more snow then they thought or it was a maintence operation. also there was no state patrol there either. ???

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't miss to much fishing action today, Pat. We'll try and go next Friday. When I heard on 850KOA about the fog and ice north and west of Denver sorta figured you'd have a tough time coming up. Was fun playing with the fish finder though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts