Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to this forum, and glad I found it. Has anyone heard anything from Tarryall Reservoir? I was out at Cherry Creek on friday and caught one nice fat 25'' Walleye. Went back yesterday and got skunked. So I was thinking of taking a ride up to Tarryall.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ron,

I'm taking my kids camping there this weekend. Not sure how much time on the water i'll have, but i'll post a report when i get back. Not sure if i'm taking the canoe or not....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Haven't been up there yet this year, but I know that back in September, you could make a whole afternoon catching stockers. 9-12' for the most part. The Pike were all pretty small still, seen a couple another guy had caught. (smaller that hammer handle size) The lake is full but is still getting its ecosystem back in order. There are fish, but it may be another couple years before its the lake we remember again.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm not sure how fare from Pine? I come in from COS (HW 24). Yes, u can camp on the lake or Spruce Grove Campground by the creek (a couple miles from the lake)

·
Registered
83 Posts
tangledleader said:
How far is Tarryall from Pine, and is there camping near the lake?
You want to keep heading west on 285 over Kenosha pass to Jefferson. At Jefferson, take a left and that road takes you directly to the lake. There are campsites on the northern and southern sides of the lake on either side of the dam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts