Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code:
TARRYALL STATE WILDLIFE AREA IS REOPENED TO ALL PUBLIC USE

Following three years of closure, Tarryall State Wildlife Area has been reopened for all public uses, effective immediately.

In 2002, water in Tarryall Reservoir in Park County was drained in order repair a structural crack in the dam. After repairs were completed, officials had to wait for water levels to rise in the reservoir to reopen the area. 

The Division of Wildlife (DOW) has begun stocking fish ? mostly fingerlings -- in the reservoir, but anglers are cautioned that fishing is expected to be somewhat slow this summer. 

?We appreciate the public?s understanding while Tarryall was closed, and for their continued patience while the young fish are growing,? said John Hood, Area Wildlife Manager. ?Tarryall reservoir has been known historically as a great place for rainbow trout and brown trout, and we hope to be able to offer excellent fishing again in the future.?

For information, contact the DOW, Northeast Regional Office at (303) 291-7227.

# # #

For more information: [url]http://wildlife.state.co.us/fishing/[/url].
--- Press release for CDOW http://wildlife.state.co.us/fishing/

·
Banned
487 Posts
They better allow some pike to be stocked. We need to write them a letter.
A great place for rainbows? Rarely were rainbows big here. It's better meant for pike, walleye, or smallmouth.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IF they put pike back into this res, It more then likely will be a couple years off. As pike and fisherman can kill off a fresh stocked lake full of fingerlings if the fish are not established.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
We used to go to tarryall as a backup when 11-mile was fishin bad.Ice fishin I mean.You could get there in the afternoon and catch some decent bos and browns to save the day!There will be some decent one's in there this winter!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
First Pike I ever caught was at Tarrayal in 1993 and the pike fishing was great there for a few years then it shut down for me at least. Best method was purple bunny flys.

·
Banned
487 Posts
roadkill said:
i dont suspect the DOW will put any more pike in any colorado lakes. from what ive read if they had a magic wand they would take all the pike out of all colorado lakes.

DOW blames the "bucket biologist" for the pike populations in many of our lakes as it is.

they might throw in some tiger muskie that would be it i think

Yep, the blame the bucket biologists. If it weren't for them in many instances, our fishing wouldn't be nearly as good.
Actually I have heard from dozens of credible witnesses that Stagecoach and Elevenmile were stocked with pike by the CDOW. And now they blame the bucket bios as an excuse for slower trout fishing because of less fish available for stocking.

M

·
0 Posts
slower trout fishing at 11mile? who says? A buddy and myself just caught a boat load of trout this past saturday at 11mile.

·
Banned
487 Posts
mauser said:
slower trout fishing at 11mile? who says? A buddy and myself just caught a boat load of trout this past saturday at 11mile.
I know. It's all a systematic campaign of disinformation.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IceInTheVeins said:
roadkill said:
i dont suspect the DOW will put any more pike in any colorado lakes. from what ive read if they had a magic wand they would take all the pike out of all colorado lakes.

DOW blames the "bucket biologist" for the pike populations in many of our lakes as it is.

they might throw in some tiger muskie that would be it i think

Yep, the blame the bucket biologists. If it weren't for them in many instances, our fishing wouldn't be nearly as good.
Actually I have heard from dozens of credible witnesses that Stagecoach and Elevenmile were stocked with pike by the CDOW. And now they blame the bucket bios as an excuse for slower trout fishing because of less fish available for stocking.
The CDOW said they stocked the pike in both these lakes at the open meeting I went to, when I was asking about the no limit on pike there. They said that they have reproduced better then they thought they would, and now need thinned out.
I agree the Spinney pike are starving to death, but the 11 mile pike seem to be doing good to me and trout fishing in both lakes doesnt seem hurt to me either.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The top of each post on the right has a button that says quote you can just click that, and it will do it for you.
Or you can put the word quote in brackets and then type or copy your quote. Then type /quote in brackets to end the quote.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts