Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tarryall: Haven't fished it for a couple years but nice little trout lake, no wake boating. Nice area. Usually did well from a boat with pop gear or throwing lures. Folks fish from the bank also.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Saw a guy throwing a buzzbait with an ultralite up there one time. I thought he was an idiot until he started tagging pike with it!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Reconfisher, going there tomorrow; I'll let you know how it goes...haven't been there for a bit...going to be crowded I bet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be fishing from shore. Thinking of using floating worm or power bait rigs and castmasters or spinners. Does anyone have a favorit color of spinner/castmaster? Also if you got any other tip I am open to hear them

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I went there yesterday, forgot how far it was to actually drive out there! Was packed; CPW checking licenses and giving the business to people that were camped outside of the camping box. But I digress! Weather was about 75 degrees and sunny, until about noon when the clouds starting moving in. Fished the southwest shore with spinners (1/4 oz white miller with gold blade, 1/4 oz spinner with gold blade and brown trim, some Panther Martings as well), and had best luck on the white millers. Kept 2 stocker rainbows, had a lot of light strikes, and for some reason, kept losing fish. Put back 4 trout around 13-14 inches and lost 10 or so off the hook before I could land them. Once cloud cover moved in, the bite really took off. My 2 fishing partners were landing them left and right on power bait, but to me, it's not that challenging to wait for the fish to swallow the pb and hook it's guts (just my personal opinion of course, as if you're catching fish to eat more power to you!).

·
Registered
910 Posts
no one really gives a crap about Tarryhole

seriously. I'd much rather skunk at the mile than catch whatever tarryall has to offer. Even Rampart has as much chance for numbers, but with much better scenery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts