Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been there in the last few weeks? Any conditions, reports, or tips you would like to share? I haven't really heard or read anything about this place since it reopened.

Thanks in advance!
JOE

·
Registered
227 Posts
Joe,
I fished it with my grandkids last week. They had a lot of fun with small 7-10" stocker rainbows, but not much else was going on. I enjoyed the "below the dam fishing" from March till the lake opened, but it's not worth the trouble with the crowds now. I also pick up a small grocery bag full of trash every time I go. I really can't figure this out at all?? Colorado is beautiful and a number of people evidently don't give a damn. If they keep it up they'll be able to make it as ugly as South Florida. Jefferson is another example of piggy people.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty busy? Drat! I'm trying to avoid the crowds that I anticipate seeing at Spinney and Eleven Mile if I go there. I hope the crowds arent' out of control.

I concur with your assessment of the "piggy people". I learned the hardway via climbing and mountaineering how big of slobs people really can be. I have partcipated in many trail clean ups and you would be in awe of some the nasty things people leave behind. No respect for the wilderness. Disgusting. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
whadley said:
Jefferson is another example
That's one of the worst I've seen. Shoreline and beneath the water. Most wads of line I've ever pulled on a single outing and I don't know if people are just getting too many snags or what? However, I'm quite sure if you get a snag and have no choice but to snap off a lure, you don't lose about 60 something yards of line with it though. Everytime I've snapped a lure due to a snag it snaps off at or near the knot. Plus, the stuff I reeled up was in bundles.....  :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whadley, thanks for the report! Were you fishing from a boat?

Anyone else fish Tarryall recently?

Thanks!
JOE

·
Registered
227 Posts
No, I was fishing from the shoreline. I have a small pontoon boat I purchased but haven't had the time to set it up and try it out. I'll probably do that next trip out at the end of July.
I saw some boats on the lake 16'-18' but at the speed they were running around, they were disturbing the fish and the fisherman, and sure as hell weren't fishing.
Again, I question why this type of boat with 70-100 HP engines are allowed on a pretty spot like this?
You really don't need much more than 5HP or even a decent trolling motor to cover this reservoir.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i used to go there with my 12 ft aluminum boat with eletric trolling motor that lake is perfect for that

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are people whipping around the lake at high speeds? What for? Isn't the water too cold for recreation?

I have a small bass boat with a 15hp outboard and a small Minn Kota. It works well for my intended purpose....fishing.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
If theres a puddle,the jacka**es will come.They breed like flies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts