Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a friend of mine from work that has not ice fished much to Tarryall this morning. Got there at 7:30ish and fished until 3:00. Went to the south side to the right of the boat ramp towards the dam a little ways and we killed the trout. Drilled three holes and never had to move. Brought home my limit of pan sized trout. Released another 10 or so. Lots of little nibbles and about five more that were lost at the hole. At about 1:30 I had something hit my dead stick pole like a freight train. It was unlike any other hit of the day. By the time I got there he was on for a second, got off, hit again about five inches higher as I was reeling in and got off again. Not sure if it was one of the left over Browns but it felt like it.

Sorry about the long post. I will try to attach pics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were using stricly meal worms. we were in 19 feet of water. Started out a foot of the bottom on on and one down about 14 feet. After realizing that the bigger fish were coming off the one at 14 ft we just fished at that depth mostly.[][/]

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
maybe the big fish was a pike?
Anyway, good report. I am very happy to see tarryall is coming back. Next year the fish should be of good size!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
maybe the big fish was a pike?
Anyway, good report. I am very happy to see tarryall is coming back. Next year the fish should be of good size!
I would love it if the Pike survived...Saw an amazing Pike iced there in 1997! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts