Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to these lures, and so far, so good. My question is, when you rig a dual depth model through the top hole to dive, how deep does it run while trolling. I know that is a broad question, other factors involved, but looking for a general idea and experiences.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'm brand new to these lures, and so far, so good. My question is, when you rig a dual depth model through the top hole to dive, how deep does it run while trolling. I know that is a broad question, other factors involved, but looking for a general idea and experiences.
Thanks in advance!
Try it and see! It's just a regular Taz with a hole drilled in it, towards the top of the shaft, as I recall. I guess I've bought some but have never used them that way. Save a buck and buy the regular Taz, they work fine! Might be helpful for casting if you need to get some more depth on your retrieve. You could also use a small egg weight instead of a bead ahead of the hook. For trolling I use snap weights to get them down where needed. Some here don't like them; I've found these lures pretty effective.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, boat motor going to the shop today, probably won't get back out till next week. I already rigged one up through the top hole, I'll post some feedback after I try it out. I may have to try it from shore, don't know if I can wait for boat!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as some here don't like them, that's fine. I have done well so far. My brother was too cheap to buy any, until I out fished him the first time I tried one last month. He is a fan now. I like them a lot, so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts