Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,546 Posts
When I was in high school I caught a 7 1/2 lb Largemouth and had it mounted. Only fish i have ever had mounted.

I wrapped it in a wet towell and then froze. Mount turned out great!

I waited six months for the taxidermist in KC to finish!  Went home for Christmas and to pick up said fish. Got back to Denver and placed my most prized position in the world, on my bed, so i could go get a hammer and nails. In the two minutes I was gone my sister's ####### cat chewed of the fins, gill plates and the eye's :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

In a fit of homicidal rage I grabbed him and tried to drown him in a sink of tap water my mother had just filled. The cat scatched my arms into hamburger but I didn't feel a thing! It took my dad and my brother all they could muster to save ######## Orange Slice's worthless ass. Orange slice earned his wings one year later when my neighbor did they right thing and didn't swerve!!! I only wish i could of been there to see him flattened under the tire!!!!!!!!

The Moral of the story is release all trophy fish and get a fiberlglass replica. But most importantly, if you see a cat in the road, never swerve or hit the brakes ;D

· Registered
6,546 Posts
work2fish said:
Neal,

That is a great story ;D and I don't remember hearing that one before!!!  Why in the world would anyone name their cat Orange Slice!?!?!?!  With such a name, it was very thoughtful of the driver to put him out of his misery...  ;)

Roths question just reopened a very painful memory for me, LOL. Orange slice should been drowned at birth!!!

I still have a quality photo of the fish, I may have a replicate made some day?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.