Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to Gunnison area to get my tent stakes that were froze in the ground from last elk season. Fished at McDonough Res., Dome Lakes, and Taylor Park Res. Caught nothing at McDonough Res., which is usually hot this time of year. Caught nothing at Lower Dome Lake, which is unusal. At Upper Dome Lake caught a few browns, rainbows, and brookies on small gold Kastmaster. Then headed up to Taylor Park Res. (one of the best lakes in the state). Caught one rainbow on silver Krocidile. Lost many more on that lure and alot more on gold/red Kastmaster. Had 20 hits and lost probably 12 fish, rainbows? Had one monster pike swim by me in my hip boots. Had one big fish on for about half a minute. Taylor should be full in a couple of weeks, down about 7-8 feet. Cottonwood Pass should be open next (Labor Day) weekend.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw over 250 elk, but was on private land (hay fields) or to far away or they were smarter than us. Had cow tags. Hopefully draw down there again this year.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you sure they won't open Cottonwood by Memorial Day W/E?

Had to bust you on that one. I'm headed out to Hartsel next Tuesday and then , hopefully, over the pass to the Taylor river for a 4 day trip. Tore up the BIG (3-6# rainbows) there in the fall and I'm dying to get back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts