Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wanted to give a shout out to John...

Cool guy was up there fishing with some friends and a guy or two from Iceland.

They were at the Fly Fishing expo in Denver.

Any who, drove up and went to rig up to nymph and couldn't find any split shot!!!! Shi-Fuh!!!!

John was kinda enough to give me some of various wt size!!!

Thanks Again sir!!!

PS I ended up finding 2 new containers after but I really appreciate another fisher helping another fisher out.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I get time I'll try to post up

·
Registered
244 Posts
Got you covered CF.

It was a beautiful day. Started cloudy. The clouds rolled out. Got sunny. Highs in the upper 30's. Flows in the 99-100cfs. Gin clear water with a temp at 4-5 degrees C. Snow on the banks. There were other people there catching a few fish; as usual one loud "whoopier" foul hooking stacked up winter fish and another walking and splashing though the water. CF caught a few quality fish on some well presented flies. Guys in front of him so he scurried around to fish one hole before the sun went down. Sun dropped. Temp dropped. He went home. Other than being an "Andy" concerning equipment, a very good day!

So Lurker, anything you'd like to add? LMAO

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!

:lol::lol::lol:

It's like you were there but you ... were ...not...............................were you?

PD

It was damn near word for word. Add in I ate lunch, the high was 43, flows might have been 98-102ish and I helped someone land a "nice" (and it was) foul hooked fish (it was foul hooked and nice), Slab is dead on.

SS

Coincidence.... The foul hooker was "Andying-ing" it up with a single meatball and I got to hear the classic "I had it legit at first" statement, like that fish was biting its own assrrhoid whilst fighting for its life..............:whistle:...............that comment is easier to pull off when you throw a buffet like a I do....:madgrin:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Today you nor I are up there and I bet we can give a fairly accurate report; well, might have to guess at actual wind speed.

No spaghetti with the meatball? Hold on! You mean to tell me this guy opted to not use the most unspectacular, oops, the second most unspectacular fly used by flailers in conjunction with the egg? Second only because the chenille is available in bassmaster rubber. :lol:

Now off to home depot to make the LED light holders for the PHWFF tying tables. Too dark in that room for many guys, including myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts