Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am a 40 year old single dad, My kids and I love fishing the problem is we just are not very good. My dad died at a young age so no one ever taught me. Maybe someone knows a guide or place or would be interested in showing us a few things. All the guides are for fly fishing it seems and we just need help with lake and maybe river fishing from the shore. I am willing to pay or pay with beer (work at Coors). I live in Arvada

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
gl. search for past reports. alot of anglers reports give good lures used and such. find a species and focus on it, to start. then evolve from there.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
What kind of fishing do you like? What kind of fish do you like to fish for? How old are your kids?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Arvada, My boys are 12 and 14. Lake fishing and from shore for now! Any species would be nice, trout, bass, catfish?? Melrose Place!

THX

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
you're in luck... There are a ton of places right by you that offer great angling opportunities!!!

I would go into more detail, but you're Melrose Place guy and CLEARLY that's an incorrect choice. Epic fail.

So in the meantime, google earth your area, get some lake names, then use the search function on this site to get angling info on that body of water.

Should keep you busy long enough to rethink your crap selection of "Da Place."

Luke Perry, Tori Spelling, Ian Ziering, Tiffany Amber Thiessen on one show.... What the hell is the matter with you, dude...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, Ok, I actually would like to answer again, neither!! Thanks Ill try that, again, I did that before with no luck.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Chad LaChance!!!!! Watch the shows, go to his seminars, talk to the guys at your local sporting goods store ( not Walmart) . Anglers love to help even if it doesn't seem like it. Make your bones around here and offers will come to meet up with others, catch and release is the key

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Blunn res is a good all-species lake. Rocky Mountain Park Lake gets stocked with slimers fairly regularly, Sloans Lake is a great carp fishery, Standley is fantastic if you have a boat... But you can also catch catfish there if you can cast out 75 yards or so.

If you don't mind a drive, Quincy has good bass, Twin Lakes Park has a ton of bullhead. Lowell Ponds is tough, but it has fish in it... Some gills and some cats.

If you want to talk technique and methodology, I'm probably not your guy. I catch alot of fish, but its luck... And I skunk out alot too.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ice fishing is super slow right now or I'd offer to show you how to catch a few at antero. My advice is to put reports up of where and what you tried and you might get more tips.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I could take you out on lake Dillon. You would have to book it through the outfit I work for. We have had fair to good action on rainbows, arctic char and kokanne and everything is included but lunch. If you need to keep your costs down I can get you a discount and you wouldn't have to worry about a tip. PM me of you would like details.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Arvada Res. is a great place to start... fishing from the shore...
try a bobber and worm, bobber and minnow...
or just try casting lures from shore...
I assume You have some gear?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, hit me up (phone or text is better) , i have a nice boat with all the gear and used to guide for 15 years in Cali..... maybe we can work something out !!!!! whatever you think is fair! :)
Shawn
(949) 422-0869

1 - 19 of 19 Posts