Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and 73 met up with elkdeerbear and his pops at the boat ramp and got on the ice, tubejig got there about 1030........ 3 foot pressure ridges still and right next to shore. fished 21-25 FOW alot of mine were cought thanks to humminbird, they came in schools suspended from 9-13FOW at a time, or inches off the bottom and light bites. wasnt very windy today and didnt even need a cap much of the day. the bite was at first light untill elkdeerbear and pops left, half hour later it was on again, one after the other, did manage to get a nice 15 and a really fat 14.... saw the bald eagle again (kept my fish close this time) after the bite died around noon. so we went for pike, one took 73's and teased us by just taking the head, i had a 4 inch shad that tubejig gave me and almost lost my pole down the hole, set the hook and miss. kinda slower today and only managed a lil over a dozen a piece. ice is 18-20inches. 2-4inches snow on top.

it was nice to meet u tubejig and OEDB (olderelkdeerbear) thanks for the auger again jeff, ours decided to work after u left, just gotta let the ol 88 warm up a bit :)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Figures they started biting again after we left. ??? Thanks for meeting me and Dad out there. Wasn't my best day at Tarryall, but not my worst either. Was nice to meet Otto and Tubejig must of pulled in right when we left. Caught a rainbow on the Automatic Fisherman. Think I got it figured out now. I got 5 bows and Dad got 2, we kept 4. Had the AF set up the rest of the day with a dead sucker. When we left I grabbed the pole and something started pulling and taking out line and then got off. :'( Nice pictures Patrick. You got the best side of me talking to Dad. I got most of mine on a pink Ratfinkee on the ultralight pole. Seen a bald eagle also in Lake George. He's been there 2 days in a row, sitting on a pole watching the South Platte. Now that eagles fishing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A buddy of mine & I fished that same area a few weeks ago, based on the pics. We were in about 17 feet of water and the fish came in schools suspended about 2 feet from the bottom. I'm used to fishing for lakers and tend to keep my jig on the bottom. When fishing suspended fish, do you use a jigging motion up that high or do you dead-stick it??

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Nice meeting you all today! Great day to ice fish (even though I was a late arrival), Grumpie Gills that was definitely a hefty bow you caught for that lake! I stayed till 4pm and didn't get into any near that size, but landed several MRT's on some waxies before I gave up. No Pike either, I did see an awesome herd of elk just East of Jefferson on the way out though. Sorry I missed elkdeerbear, maybe next time!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I again spent most of the day chasing the toothy fish. I had one hit my sucker and it took the head- but didnt land it :mad:. Couldnt ask for better weather. I got to meet Elkdeerbear and his dad- awsome people! I might just take you up on that offer for 11 mile ;). I heard Tubejig talking to Grumpie but my face was stairing down the hole waiting for the pike(that never came) :-\. I didnt get a chance to say hi. Next time foresure. Grumpie did VERY well with the trout. BTW, That is a great trick with the heat for on the way home ;). I will remeber that when I take the kids :). My wife laughed her a** off as well. As far as catching stockers, we dont discriminate ;D.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
73 Fisherman, Grumpie Gills, Tubejig, Elevenmile is calling. >:D One day you leave that lake loving and the next day you leave that lake hating it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts