Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the boards and new to fly fishing! I have been spin casting since I was a kid and have been wanting to get into fly fishing for quit some time now!
Well this year it finally happened, I bought myself the whole set up, everything I need to get started. My question is, what's are you thoughts about TFO Rods (IM6 graphite )? I like the fact that I got a No fault lifetime warranty, that rocks! I just kinda went with what the guy at the fly shop was telling me, I have read up on them and they seem to be pretty good, just wanna hear from someone who has actually used one.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think you did just fine. Which one did you get weight, etc... I use a my TFO when fishing striper.... It’s a good all around rod. I have the professional series and use a heavier line then needed to help load the rod.... I broke it last year while fishing for striper and I went to the Dallas warehouse store they gave me a new rod and a free hat.... So I have no complainants. It’s a good all around rod when your looking to save money… And the feel is not bad either..

·
Registered
246 Posts
I lost the tip to my TFO rod on opening day of Arvada Res. TFO send me a new tip and rod case (old one had just a little mud on it) in ten days! Good rod, great price, even better warranty !

·
Registered
797 Posts
I bought the 7'6" 3 wt and think is a great little rod and a lot of fun to fish with esp. for the money enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im pretty happy with my purchase! BTW, I got the Finesse series rod, 9' 5wt..

I hit up the dreamstream on Sunday and I got skunked! :p
It was a little windy and being Im just starting out it was a little hard to get the hang of. No worries, Im a quick learner and I love fishing so I can't wait to get out again! If fact I think Im gonna go for a couple hours after work if the weather holds up. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the TiCRx model 9', 5wt, 4 piece. I like it...everything about it is perfect - the "fit-n-finish" are as nice as anything I've seen. I just don't like the "feel" of it as much as another rod I have, so it's not getting much use. That's just personal preference, though, and nothing to do with the quality of the rod. I've never used the warranty, but I've emailed them and got a response back within an hours. I emailed another company's support and got an answer back TWO WEEKS later!

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the money there is not a better rod out there. I bought my fiance one for christmas this year and she loves it. All of my friend that I have let cast it love it and they all have decided to get one for themselves just t have a second rod. We also sell them in the shop here and I think that if you are not looking to spend alot of money (695.00) it is the best rod. I have actually turned people who were going to spend the money on a sage fli on to the tfo and they all have been really happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
  Well thats great, makes me feel even better about buy purchase!!

What fly shop do you work at? I gonna have to go check out guys out!
  I baught mine form Discount Fishing Tackle off of Santa Fe just past evens. After hearing everyones comments, I have a good opinion about them and how they do business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts