Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has ever fished one before?  If so, which one. 

The price just seems too good to be true and must assume that they are made off shore. 

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've fished a few dozen rods from sage, thomas and thomas, winston, and powell. These rods come with a hefty price tag. I now own a few TFO's a 9ft 5wt Ticr X, 9ft 8wt Ticr X and a 6'6ft 2wt Series 1. All these are awesome rods and I fish them the most. You don't need a $500 dollar rod to fish I just is something to brag to you buddies that you spent all that money. TFO rods range for the Series 1 $89.99-$99.99 , professional $139.99-$200
the Ticr $199.99-$249.99 and the Ticr X $224.99-$249.99
all with a life time warranty

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got a 9' 4wt Pro series and think it's great. When I bought it the salesman told me it would cast very similar to a Sage SLT, a $600 rod. I haven't cast an SLT but my TFO casts amazingly well for $139. My only gripe is the hardware . . .that's where they save money. The cork is cheap and the guides look like they won't take much abuse . . .but with a lifetime warranty I can't complain.

I cast the 7wt Jim Teeny series at the Denver Expo last weekend. I will be moving to Seattle in a couple weeks and think that rod will become my salmon/steelhead nymphing stick. The hardware on that rod is a major step up from the Pro series . . .nice anodized reel seat, oversized guides and a nice clearcoat finish.

I also own a couple of Loomis GLX's and absolutely love 'em. If you're after the best rod available, spend the dough and buy a Sage, Loomis, T&T, whatever. They are works of art. If function is your goal, get a TFO.

TP

W

·
0 Posts
Who sells these temple fork rods in the Denver area. I'm real interested in buying a new rod this year and I just can't stomach the prices on most of the name brands. These sound like good quality and the price is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts