Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What lures stink up your tackle box

1. HD and Ice HD can't comment on the other products but these two suck.
2. Flat Fish things are worthless
3. Tasmanian spoons good god do those suck
4. Mepps Spinners never liked them

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have had Mepps lures since I was a kid and can't recall ever catching a fish with one. Still have a handful but haven't tried one in quite a while as it seems pointless.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Really guys?! I feel like no matter where I go if I throw on a little mepps spinner I catch fish. Even today I was fishing for bass and decided to put a little spinner on my other pole and caught a crappie and perch within 5 casts

·
Registered
35 Posts
What lures stink up your tackle box

1. HD and Ice HD can't comment on the other products but these two suck.
2. Flat Fish things are worthless
3. Tasmanian spoons good god do those suck

4. Mepps Spinners never liked them
The only Dynamic I wasted cash on, with them cheap/cheap Chinese? Hooks. Threw the junk away, went back to Rapala's
Brooks

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take the flat fish off your hands if you want to get rid of them.

I agree on the Mepps.
No can do my grandpa was a fanatic fisherman and I inherited all his tackle sentimental stuff. I must have 15 frog colored flat fish :biggrin1:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think it comes down to mostly personal preference and confidence in lures. If you don't like the lure for one reason or another or don't have confidence that it will catch fish, then you're gonna think that it sucks, or not use it the right way.
I don't like castmasters so I don't use them. I know that's a lot of peoples go to lure, but I put them in the same category as power bait. I hate 'em.
Tried HD ice, sucks
Super Duppers, sucks
Most Storm lurers, suck
Matzuo lures, really suck

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I have had very little success with Sebile lures in general... SOOO many great looking lures that I think should work, but really don't.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
J plugs Flat Fish and Lazy Ikes used to work great for me then the fish turned off and the lures don't run well. For some reason I prefer Panther Martin's. Tasmanian Devils are over priced and don't work anybetter then other spoons for me.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Tried HD ice, sucks (Check)
Super Duppers, sucks (Never Used)
Most Storm lurers, suck (Check)
Matzuo lures, really suck (Double Check)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Z-Rays, never gave them much work, but they seemed to suck. I bought some big ones, maybe the smaller ones are better.
Banjo Minnows, frickin sweet! There used to be some lure with LEDs in it also, one of thoes as seen on T.V. type of deals. They looked cool but never heard 1st hand if they worked. Interesting consept there, I think?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I want to say here that Sebile A.T. worms kick ass for bass fishing. I used up my 3 senkos the first trip out here, went to the A.T. and we've been catching every time we fish with em. All 3 times. ;)

But, they seem to work well.

Never had Mepps luck until I snagged and broke off my last Panther Martin on Clear Creek. Was forced to toss on a 1/8 oz brown-trout patterned Mepps and slayed with it. Gold metal, black primary, and brown and red dots. Caught 4 on the Panther that day in 2 hours, caught 14 on the Mepps in 3 hours.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Super Dupers I must have 50 of those from my grandpa and have never used one of those goofy looking things :biggrin1: keep those right next to the couple hundred needle fish and Zrays he had. Grandpa was a drinker and loved catalog shopping

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tried HD ice, sucks (Check)
Super Duppers, sucks (Never Used)
Most Storm lurers, suck (Check)
Matzuo lures, really suck (Double Check)

With all due respect; You young fisherman/woman were sucked in by New York advertising. Think! We oldsters cleaned house in Colorado with Rapalas, Daredevils, Mepps, and Teeney Nymphs. Read back through posts; nothing wrong with new offerings, their just imitations of the old tried/true. Learn how to present.

Brooks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Really guys?! I feel like no matter where I go if I throw on a little mepps spinner I catch fish. Even today I was fishing for bass and decided to put a little spinner on my other pole and caught a crappie and perch within 5 casts
Perhaps its because you fish with poles?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts