Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me personaly I love every thing he puts out. How about you, ken and don whats your opinion.?????

Anyone else have any stories about terry.

L

·
0 Posts
went to an ice fishing seminar he held at gaylans a few years back, it was verry informative. also own a couple ice fishing vidieos hes put out. watch them all the time during the winter months. never heard his show usally fishing when it comes on.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I too like his show. Both the radio and TV show. The only ones I dont watch are the fly fishing shows as I dont flyfish. He seems like a really nice guy but im not sure why he has his own show, he's not really a stand out as far as fishing goes.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im checking out his show right now "mountain states fishing" they are at sylvan lake going after trout seams like a nice informitive show not just catching fish

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah he gave a lot of info about the area camping and stuff also

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
terry wickstrom is awesome, he knows how to catch fish, ive meet him at the fishing shows, he knows alot about different species, i saw a video when he was in canda and he caught one of the biggest pike ive ever seen , it was huge

B

·
0 Posts
Love the show but the you gotta crack the tv up to hear anything. It"s a great show over all

·
Registered
943 Posts
if you listened to his show this weekend it sounded like he was reading from this forum. i think he is checking us out

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
He did an Ice fishing show a couple years ago and I was juiced to see and maybe learn some stuff but then the guys are ice fishin with 7 foot rods! It was idiotic!He knows nothing about ice fishing. He rarely says anything useful on his shows.

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
I listen to his radio show on saturday morning and have yet to glean anything useful to me.I find his info very generalized and of use only to the "fair weather"type fisherman. I fail to see what these statements have to do with "elitist" comments I have made.The man's fishing shows simply do not cut the mustard,IMO.

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
The "elitist" bent on your post is this - "He doesn't know crap about fishing, I already knew all of that stuff."  To me, that embodies the "elitist" attitude.
If thats your definition of "elitist" then I must say I'm GUILTY of that.Really,I have watched his shows from the beginning and I'm a very good listener but I have gleaned very little valuable info that I didnt already know. On how to improve his show,I'll have to think about that for awhile!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I've never heard his radio show, but the T.V. one where they pulled cranks @ Glendo, and the early season one For smallies @ Aurora, I though were pretty informative, especially if you're trying to learn more about a lake you've never really fished.

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey ken i wasnt trying to make terry look bad. i was saying that alot of what he said i have seen on this forum which is a good thing. i was just comparing the two thats all. sorry if it offended anyone

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i enjoy the show because it is more kick back fishing and how to enjoy a certain lake not high pressure "catching" for instance on rerun i saw recently had them at sylvan lake in sept i think they wanted to catch some brookies but they were spawning and the stream inlet was closed and instead of whining about not catching brookies the shot and showed some video of the brookies in the stream, that was cool

i agree the show (TV) is for the every man but every body can gain something if even a new view of an old lake i wish we had more shows like this and less high pressure bass shows

L

·
0 Posts
ken ithink you may be a little over sensitive about people comments especially if it doesnt agree with yours . lighten up every body has different opinions. i dont think slayerfish was dishing terry just making an honest comment on how he feels. seriously dude lighten up!

F

·
0 Posts
I see both points .....ken just doesnt want people to get bashed on the site....if new people arent welcomed well the site isnt gonna stay long at all....on they other hand I do get bored with the same fishing info coming from people that make money off fishing .....if i hear one more "fishing pro" talk about fishing deep for macks or other information that everyone who fishes hard already knows im gonna puke ....The begginers need help ...well no they dont all they need to do is put in time like all of us had to do ........im rambling...but we do need to be able to express our opinions on things if its good for sponsors or not

·
Registered
391 Posts
I personally love Mountain States Fishing as well as his other show.I think he is very informative(need a spell checker option)and very down to earth.I have learned of places in the state that i would not have otherwise.I caught my first Grayling after watching one of his shows several years ago.To actually see where he is fishing,what lure or fly,and how its rigged,what more can you ask for?I have watched his shows for years and i still enjoy watching repeats.They were showing his shows alot an Altitude network,but lately it seems as if they aren't playing them as much.I try to catch as many as i can.I also believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion,even if i dont agree with it.

lyn

Y

·
0 Posts
All the pro/con comments on this thread has perked my curiosity so now I will have to watch the show and make up my own mind. When and what channel is the TV show on? I just want to see somebody catch trout on the boobtube...every other fishing show just shows bass....gets old afterwhile when 90% of the time I am fishing for trout, pike or salmon.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I like it because he goes to places I can actually goto also! And if for no other reason that is entertaining to me.

Frankly I doubt he gives a **** what any of us think! He seems to of done quite well for himself!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts