Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nutty idea that if we got a group of folks together in a large van and shot down to Corpus Christi and fished the flats we could go pretty cheap. The area has tarpon and permit but is renowned for redfish and spotted sea trout. I have no date or lodging planned as of yet. Just heading out on a Thursday and coming back on a Monday.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've been down here in Port Aransas for the last 6 weeks and the fishin is superb. Clousers-decievers spoonflies-crab/shrimp paterns all work. Fishin the flats and spoil channels around 361 from Aransas Pass to the ferry.26.5 in red and 28.5in spec trout are the biggest I've hooked. Many trout 22-25 and a few flounder mixed in. PA is a great place to enjoy the salt with plenty of camping OTW and off.

Tightlines-Vinnie

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I've been talking about such a trip for a while, I used to live in Kingsville and I fished Baffin bay.....no fly fishing when I lived there before, but I know the spots and I fully intend on throwing flies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My brother-in-law has a house in Port Aransas and we were there last year. It was the first time I ever fished for redfish and spec trout. I had no idea spec trout tasted so good. Lot's of fun.

If you do want a guide, just let me know, he knows a few down there. One of them fishes on the pro redfish tour.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great info. I'm thinking of leaving May 12th and returning May 16th. Is there a good link for campsites near the water?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Try to get in touch with "Salty Dog", Glenn is a member on here but he lives in TX. He is actually doing a bit of guiding down there himself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Try this site-texaskayakfisherman- Go to there maps topic and study. These maps show all the flats and spoil channels which give you a good idea whats goin on before you weta line. Better than any the local fish maps they sell down here. Tighlines-Vinnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts