Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks everyone for setting up the trip. Even I caught fish in the Dream Stream that has been my nightmare in the past. The day was great, no wind at Spinney, who could imagine that? By the way, I didn't have any luck at Spinney but got a few stocker rainbows at Tarryall from the pontoon using a BHPrinceNymph. See how that works... I catch fish when I have no witnesses!

See ya at the next get together!

Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd also like to say thanks to everyone at ColoradoFisherman.com for hosting such a great event. As JD said above, who woulda thunk the wind wouldn't be a factor all day. Thanks again to jbrowning for the lunch stuffs, Rottal for his sage advice on the river, and nogooddrtytroutbum for a fine day of fishing. Already looking forward to the next trip!

N

·
0 Posts
I agree, good times were had by all.
Fish whisperer and jbrowning were as good of fishing partners as one could ask for. Speaking of, congradulate jbrowning on his first fish caught on the dry, always a great experience. Stayed at a hotel in woodland on sat night and went back this morning.Lots more kokes and even a nice brownie. I saw several browns moving up the river, probably upwards of a dozen.
Thanks rottal for getting us all together and for the use of your rod, which i still can't figure out why, but every freaking cast brought me a strike or a fish. If ya ever wanna sell that rod you let me know, i think we really connected,LOL. Thanks again and sorry for the grill mishap, by that i mean almost killing us all. Will bring the new grill to the next get together.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I want to thank you all for such a great time on Saturday. And I would like to thank FishWhisperer and noggoddrtytroutbum for helping me out with my flyfishing. Fishing moving water is not one of my favorites. I really appreciate all the help you two provided and thank god you two have lots of patience with me. I sure hope we all can get together again soon.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I gotta agree, the fishing trip was a great time and it was really cool to put some faces with the board names you see on a regular basis here on the forum. I had a awesome time and am looking forward to doing it again. Fishing with Ken was a fun experience, i always enjoy working with someone whom hasnt had much experience with a fly rod. Heres an exerp from a brief moment with Ken on the water---

Ken---"I cant seem to hook anything"
Rottal---"Its because you suck"

or...

Rottal---"You stuck a hook in my cheek, I cant pull it out"
Ken---"Oh jeez...Im sorry...Hey, let me take a picture of it!"
Rottal---"@#$! OFF, get this thing out of my face"

Yeah, it was an interesting time.... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I had a great time too... Jerry (the father-in-law) had a blast a broke his biggest record fish twice, so he was super happy all day. I also want to thank everyone for helping me as well and putting me on fish. I cant wait for the next get together either.

·
Registered
179 Posts
thanks for the get together. it was good to put a face to some of the people on the board. sorry i wimped out on the dream stream-still is not my favorite place. good attempt at brats. luckily they were pre cooked and i am thankful we all didn't get blown up! what a beautiful day.
didn't have much luck on the lake but was out there until 4pm and still no wind. caught one ,ore RB about 19" on a prince nymph.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am sorrt I could not make it...sounds like a fun day...face hooks and all!

·
Registered
943 Posts
i would like to say thanks as well. i learned alot just by being there and watching the people who actually knew what they were doing. btw epic is changing his name to tacoma hater. ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
afishman said:
i would like to say thanks as well. i learned alot just by being there and watching the people who actually knew what they were doing. btw epic is changing his name to tacoma hater. ;D
haha... I dont hate the Tocoma's I think they are very cute. My mom likes hers. hehe (I kid I kid)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ePiC said:
afishman said:
i would like to say thanks as well. i learned alot just by being there and watching the people who actually knew what they were doing. btw epic is changing his name to tacoma hater.  ;D
haha...  I dont hate the Tocoma's I think they are very cute.  My mom likes hers.  hehe  (I kid I kid)
That mom and the Tacoma comment stung a little . :)
jeff

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm sad cause I couldn't make it. :'( Sorry everyone. I really wanted to go. I was hoping to learn a thing or two because I have been getting frustrated with flyfishing. I am fine with casting, I just don't see, to have a knack for presentation yet.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
Actually, he was a really good sport about it! At first, he thought I just hit him in the face. After realizing he had an egg pattern dangling below his chin, he recognized the san juan worm firmly implanted in his cheek. He calmly asked me which way it went in and then he just yanked it back past the barb without as much as an "Ow!" Good thing I was using that 6x tippet that broke off instead of something heavier. I might have ripped through his cheek. Sorry John!
Hey, teenage girls jam more hardware than that through their faces every day.... :D

N

·
0 Posts
Hey ePIC, gotta say buddy, judging by the parking lot at the get together, you are walking on thin ice. I'd be watching my back if i was you(LOL).

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
nogooddrtytroutbum said:
Hey ePIC, gotta say buddy, judging by the parking lot at the get together, you are walking on thin ice. I'd be watching my back if i was you(LOL).
Hehe, I got nothing but love your you guys nothing but love.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
Rottal said:
Rottal---"You stuck a hook in my cheek, I cant pull it out"
Ken---"Oh jeez...Im sorry...Hey, let me take a picture of it!"
Rottal---"@#$! OFF, get this thing out of my face"

Yeah, it was an interesting time.... ;)
For a Special Forces guy with all that experience parachuting behing enemy lines in the Army, you sure were wussy about a tiny hook in your cheek! :)  At least it wasn't that 3/0 Circle Hook Egg Pattern (Cheeto's Brand) that I had on earlier in the day.   ;D

Actually, he was a really good sport about it!  At first, he thought I just hit him in the face.  After realizing he had an egg pattern dangling below his chin, he recognized the san juan worm firmly implanted in his cheek. He calmly asked me which way it went in and then he just yanked it back past the barb without as much as an "Ow!"  Good thing I was using that 6x tippet that broke off instead of something heavier.  I might have ripped through his cheek.  Sorry John!   :eek:
Hey, if you wanted to get your cheek pierced all you had to do was get ahold of me and my wife! Along with tattooing we also do body piercing!!!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
...He calmly asked me which way it went in and then he just yanked it back past the barb without as much as an "Ow!" 
Uh huh. inside i was screaming like a 6 year old girl that just saw Frankenstien. Dont let me fool ya....

·
Registered
46 Posts
ePiC said:
haha... I dont hate the Tocoma's I think they are very cute. My mom likes hers. hehe (I kid I kid)
She may like hers, but she loves the back of mine. ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Fish Whisperer said:
ePiC said:
haha...  I dont hate the Tocoma's I think they are very cute.  My mom likes hers.  hehe  (I kid I kid)
She may like hers, but she loves the back of mine.   ;D ;D ;D ;D 
OUCH! ;D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts