Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you good folks... well, actually, not all of you, nor even most of you, but rather the tiny fraction of users, as distinguished from disease-ridden lurker scum, who actually post more than once or twice after signing up.

Yes, I want to thank the people who constitute the bloody, pulsating innards of Colorado Fisherman. First thanks go to Don, for having the vision to come up with this mess to start with. You might have horrible taste in music, but you are very speedy for a white boy. I salute you.

I want to thank all the folks I have locked horns with over the years. Peanut Butter Pete, FPF, Ice in the Brains, Grumpy, Andy, sswan, and any other choads that I am overlooking right now, thanks. Seriously.

I want to thank all the users that have put up with my incessant prattle. Yeah, wow, I know how to pour a jig. Bollocks for me.

I want to thank all the ass-clowns that identify with my particular mindset. I doubt it will serve you well in life, but keep doing what you are doing. It makes me feel important.

Particular thanks go to the folks that actually invited me to go fish. Spoojers and Plomos, of course, but Tony Thai (Hooknline) is the guy that I want to take the time to really single out for ass kissing here. I doubt I will ever meet a more generous person on the water or off. Tony, or whatever his name actually is, put me on a great bite more than once. Tony overlooked the fact that I was a member of the KKK and let me ride along as he went on trip after trip, honoring the spirits of his ancestors. He cooked some dope **** on the grill too. Tony is a fucking boss.

I am moving to Oregon, and I hope to God I never have to live in this state again. But if I am forced by some unfortunate circumstance to live here year round, I promise I will continue to make life difficult and unpleasant to the very best of my ability.

Cheers. :thumb:

Shaun "Swimbait" Solomon

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Good luck on whatever your endevours are in Oregon. I hope you go Sturgeon fishing and catch a big one.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Don't let the border gate hit ya in the ass on your way out!!!
Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! Does that make me a choad or an ass clown?

Anyways bud, it was great to get to know you and hope the future looks bright for you in what ever you have planned! Good luck and you don't have to stop posting here just because you don't live here!!!
Take care bud!!!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck on whatever your endevours are in Oregon. I hope you go Sturgeon fishing and catch a big one.
Thanks! I absolutely am going to target sturgeon. The Willamette is fifty yards from my front door.

Opry, I am neither of those things, but I take the compliment in the spirit in which it was given. Cheers.

Pikester, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Baby.

Blowfish, I am moving to Corvallis. Nice area if ever I saw one. I see there is a lot of good trout water in the Bend area, and I am eager to test out the Metolius and Fall rivers, not to mention the Deschutes. I have painted myself into a corner with my fly-fishing methods in Colorado, but those places at least will afford me the opportunity to keep my high-sticking chops "on point." Now I just need to learn to spey cast. HA!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Now I really hate you! what a beautiful area in Corvalis! Thats a major congratulations!...what a major sad and happy day!...when do you leave?...when is the going away party?...and Owen is right...as evidenced by your shout out to Tony which couldnt be more spot on!!...like this one I always looked forward to your contirbutions...the forum and Colorado has a great loss...best wishes and good luck...I hope you find all your restless soul is searching for...and you find more of the answers you are looking for...the ones most of us (me included) overlook or didnt know existed...keep churning out those sick prototypes with that just so craftsmanship...looking forward to the size 12 minature Kraft milky specials on the deschutes...POOF! two quality milkies gone...a sad but happy day...again best wishes and good luck...and most of all THANK YOU!...class act until the end...<BIG SMILE!>

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Oregon is a cool place. Lucky you to get to fish the Metolius river!

If I was you I'd be looking at a drift boat and also how to dial in the sea run cuts.

Post some reports here.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Plomo!? I take offense! Go **** yourself Shown! (And have fun in oregon lol...and check in from time to time to show us your wicked fishing exploits up there)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Bummer for us but good for you.

Watch out pacific nw for there is a new steelheader coming to town.

Someone here gave me this link (thank you to that kind person) so I will pass it on to you:

IFish.net

Seems to be a good group of peeps and willing to share info.

Best of luck to you sir and stay dry!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
SS, I will miss your too smart for me banter and your knowledge provided on fishing and so many other things. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I always respected your knowledge and effort... not to mention the fine work you do on nearly anything you pick up.

With that, you have insulted my state.. get the **** out.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Z, you are too nice for words. Imma go cry. :-[

Ken, you can do it too. >:D

Pistoldog, I am for sure looking forward to the Metolius and the sea runs. I will miss Colorado tailwaters, as hard as that would be for some folks to understand, but honest to God spring creeks go a long way to salving that injury.

Kylie, I might drop in now and again. You are a good dude. All you kids at the "cool table"

Robtard, :Robtard:

CF Lurker (you gotta love a poster calling themselves a lurker) Thanks for that link. I set up an account two days ago. 8)

Oyey, only those incapable of introspection "always see eye to eye" with others. "Ditto" is a most offensive word. Take care of the place, don't let any more Texans in.

GrumpyNinja, thanks. You seem like a swell dude, but you might think about ditching the "grumpy" part lol long story...

Hobie, thanks. I do try.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Have fun exploring the new waters, Shaun. I've enjoyed our discussions on big baits and their application here in CO. And don't forget…there are some lakes and reservoirs in OR where trout anglers complain that big bass steal their trout off their lines. :) You might still need the big baits!

While the trout, steelhead and salmon fishing will occupy much of your time, don't neglect the coast - surperch on the fly (or light spinning gear) are a blast.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Well, that's a bummer.... Just remember, there's no head like steelhead. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
SS, I've enjoyed a lot of what you posted and talking to you many times at BPS :)

Have fun up there and post up some stuff when you get settled up there. Get er done!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts