Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank the a$$hole that left the trash on the South side of Deer Island @ Eleven Mile for me to clean up, at least I didn't go home empty handed.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Pretty sad the way some people treat our lakes and streams. Happens way to often. Hate to see how they treat their own ish.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kudos to you and lots of others for trying to keep them clean.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I pick up all kinds of crap when I'm fishing. One of the last days I was at chatty, I picked up a complete boat ladder and a bumper that had made their way over to the dam. It feels good knowing you made a difference, even a minor one. Every once in a while I think about going to one of the local spots and just doing some clean up but when it comes down to it, I end up just fishing instead haha.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I always have a plastic grocery bag with me and have the kids collect trash along the shoreline. It is sad but we fill it in no time!

At our local pond I was getting real disappointed that so many people were trashing the place. That was until I went on a windy day and saw the wind whip the trash out of the trash cans around the park and realized that was probably the source of most of the litter. That and the damn squirrels!

Which reminds me, I wanted to call Parks and Rec and see if they would be willing to figure out some kind of lid for the cans.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I always have a plastic grocery bag with me and have the kids collect trash along the shoreline. It is sad but we fill it in no time!

At our local pond I was getting real disappointed that so many people were trashing the place. That was until I went on a windy day and saw the wind whip the trash out of the trash cans around the park and realized that was probably the source of most of the litter. That and the damn squirrels!

Which reminds me, I wanted to call Parks and Rec and see if they would be willing to figure out some kind of lid for the cans.
Do it, man. Sounds worthwhile if it's trashing the place.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Back in the day, we used to have Get Together trash pick up days. Lone Tree is where I met many many members 2007. There was even a car door on the north side of the lake. Shopping carts in local ponds, pick it up, heave it out as far as you can, and call it structure LOL is all I can figure out. Yeah, should be shot.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would like to thank the a$$hole that left the trash on the South side of Deer Island @ Eleven Mile for me to clean up, at least I didn't go home empty handed.
No problem bro; I'll leave you some more next time. Did you like the extra poopy ?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Don't know if very many thrashing a place ever get caught (don't even get me on the lax enforcement of rules at many of our lakes.) But when they do I think the fine should be say $1000.00. That and maybe castration. :)

Cannot believe how many slobs are out there. I've even seen trash at the Ft Carson lakes and these are active and retired military. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I know 2 dudes, notoriously filthy litterers... They love that location too... That **** pisses me off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts