Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this was wondering if anyone ever had the Hawaiian fish that is number 1? Steve go catch me some!!! bwahahaha

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2016/01/13/10-best-tasting-wild-fish-according-internet/

1. Whitesaddle goatfish
You might not have heard of this one and frankly we were a bit surprised to see it top the poll. We would have figured that one of the more familiar fish, such as salmon or mahi-mahi, would win this contest. However, the whitesaddle goatfish took the number-one place as the tastiest fish on the poll. Also known as kumu, one of the few places you could fish for this species is Hawaii, and spearfishing is generally preferred.

They are apparently unique among fish because they taste a lot like shrimp. They are also pretty expensive, so it might be better to dive for your dinner instead.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
When we were in Hawaii last Labor day, we ate hamburgers-

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When we were in Hawaii last Labor day, we ate hamburgers-
You need help...what they didnt have peanut butter and jelly and blue cheese sandwiches on the menu with Keystone on tap?...

In your defense I believe the 2nd largest working cattle ranch in the U.S. is on the Big Island...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Goes to show you, the internet doesn't have a clue.
They rate Trout over AHI, lol.
In Hawaii they toss throw nets for little reef fish, not my way of fishing.
they missed Ono and Pompano.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Ate some barracuda we caught when in Belize. Got some funny looks when I said "well take the cuda" took it to the local restaurant with the grouper and snapper and damn, I see why we got the funny looks - they wanted the good fish. Always been told, na its no good, only locals eat that. Damn tasty 'cuda!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Butter fish is one of my fav's.
I think it is black cod marinated in a sauce that is money! Can't go wrong!

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goes to show you, the internet doesn't have a clue.
They rate Trout over AHI, lol.
In Hawaii they toss throw nets for little reef fish, not my way of fishing.
they missed Ono and Pompano.
Probably more of a case of two things...the person voting maybe only ever had trout and bass ever in their life so they voted based on that...or they had it prepared with so much other **** that they couldnt actually taste the fish and didnt know any better (lol see lake trout)...

·
Registered
75 Posts
My wife took the red snapper pic used in the article.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts