Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

The Ark and the Blue

1K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Bronco 
#1 ·
Hit the hayden meadows section of the Arkansas with a friend and the fishing has been great. We were fishing dry dropper, with small stimis and caddis nymphs underneath.

After fishing the Ark for most of the day, we stopped by the Blue in Dillion on our way home after a rainstorm and the fishing was good. We were fishing small red thread midges and pink worms. I was lucky enough to hook into a hog, that we taped at 28", who knows how heavy.

Checkout my page if your interested in seeing up to date reports from around the front range :

http://www.facebook.com/codyburgdorffpfatour

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Being very accomplished at a young age should be lauded and not scoffed at...and in a world team situation if its what he says it is suits were probably mandatory...not like it is Elk Snout, Arkansas...all professional sports teams suits are mandatory no reason to think a world fly fishing championship and team travel would be any different...plus he is relatively humble to boot...acknowledges he was lucky enough to be selected...guides at a young age...28 inch bow...got skills...is humble...seen some of the world I havent...sounds like someone I would like to fish with...great job yohohoho!...

#16 ·
Fordo- I can take a bit of a joke. But like I said we were dressed for the opening ceremonies of the world championships in france in 2012, so it was pretty mandatory Team USA attire. I was just proud to say I could fish for the old red white, and blue, not like that is every day fishing attire for me.

Zman, Parker Tom- Thanks for sticking up for me. I know im a young dude, and I still have alot to learn. Just thought id share with ya guys what Ive been fishing lately. On another note zman, I might have to take you up on going fishing. Always looking for people who enjoy a day on the water.

Anyways back to the fishing- Been guiding alot lately in RMNP. If you like small streams and fish that eat dries, check out the Big T above fern lake trailhead, and glacier creek. They have been on fire as of late. Any buggy dries that suit your fancy. Its a good stream to get a grand slam on as well.

#18 ·
Been fishing the upper Big T for close to 30 years.It is a beautiful small stream,plenty of fish,mostly small and the beauty of it is that if you don't get there early in the summer you won,t find a place to park and you have to ride the shuttle buses and walk a little further.Down side is some of the local guides who think they own the river and the suckers that pay them.

#19 · (Edited)
Just to clarity. I yanked your chain a little. But also complemented you on a great report and excellent pics.
We like to poke around and tease sometimes here on CF its all in good fun until someone like Pakistan tom does **** like making fun of people for being overweight or "retarded". The only reason parkerstan tom spoke up for you is because of dislike of me.

#20 ·
:thumb: if your going to give a guy **** just own up to it. Calling you retarded and only you months ago doesn't give you a green light to be a douche. You gave the guy **** because he fish's your home water and you needed to make sure no one forgot who's the king of Hwy 9 watershed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.