Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I did! I took the bait; hook, line and sinker, and purchased The Banjo Minnow set. I'm curious if anyone else has done the same thing and had any success with them. I'm thinking they should be killer for Pike, under the right conditions. Let me hear some success stories.

Tight Lines!

Rip Lip

·
Registered
283 Posts
they will catch fish any place you go, SM &LM love them. i've gone through 3-4 sets, and they tend to catch bigger fish.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
you can find better soft plastic jerkbaits, honestly, that cast farther, have better action, last longer, and are cheaper. but they will work.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I too got sucked in. The only problem for me is ive never used them. I don't see any reason why they wouldnt kill though. They have great action

[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
311 Posts
i lost the tackle box in the wind but a lot of banjos were left in the boat and i want to know what kind of rigs would do good with the pike big fish kit without all the hooks and other side things besides the banjos? and will they still catch as much fish without the side stuff for the minnows?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Fellas!! Troutfishingbear - I know the banjo minno is very similar to flukes. You reference them a lot so it sounds like a high confidence bait for you?? I've not had much experience with soft plastics, but know i'm missing out on something, so it's time to start huckin em. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
41 Posts
;D ;D ;D First time poster and man i love this site!! I have had all kinds of success with the deadly "BANJO MINNOW" And its true they dont make them like the used to! I was bored so i decided to hit up som garage sales last saturday and cam acrossed two original sets for five bucks. Garage sells are great for fishing gear. 8) 8) 8) Keep It Cool

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are they really that differeantly made, or does it really have to do with the fact that they are hooked differently and not hooked through the back that makes them act so differently? I have seen them and they look pretty standard as far as plastics go, but was told that they are hooked so that the hook comes out the mouth instead of out the back. Any news??
Scott

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
scotone said:
Are they really that differeantly made, or does it really have to do with the fact that they are hooked differently and not hooked through the back that makes them act so differently?  I have seen them and they look pretty standard as far as plastics go, but was told that they are hooked so that the hook comes out the mouth instead of out the back.  Any news??
Scott
Yeah Scott they have that corkscrew dealy that you screw in the mouth and the hook sits in an eye on the end of it so the hook isnt actually in the bait at all.  They are pretty standard like you said as far as plastics go.
When I fished them religously back in the younger days I loved them, then they invented the Senko.  The senko behaves almost Identical to the banjo minnow IMO.  Although my personal best LMB and Crappie came on banjo minnows, maybe there is something about them, maybe more than meets the eye ;).  I still have the banjos but I have to admit I dont fish them very much anymore because senkos get the job done just as good

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
rip lip said:
Thanks Fellas!!  Troutfishingbear - I know the banjo minno is very similar to flukes.  You reference them a lot so it sounds like a high confidence bait for you??  I've not had much experience with soft plastics, but know i'm missing out on something, so it's time to start huckin em.  Tight Lines!
yes I caught 8 big pike at lake x in 2 days of fishing this spring on them also many pike at rifle including a 12# this spring and many pike at stagecoach when nothing else was working for anyone on the lake I was still catching 6-8 pike in a day using flukes and big ones like em a LOT at the coach too fyi. You must use them. they are my potent secret...I don't know why they are a secret though I tell everyone about them and nobody tries em and I still catch em :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
My kids have been wanting me to try these for a long time and for the price, why not? Considering the dollar amount of stuff in my box right now that's not catching fish, another $20 is nothing. Anyone sell the kit locally?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
It's definitely worth the 20 bucks for a set. I've caught countless bucketmouths with em and I've caught whitebass during August boils at Boyd Lake also. Good stuff and I love the action on these lures. Heck, they caught me long before the fish.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
My wife gave me a set years ago and they work. I use them and Fin S Fish hooked on a long shank 1/16 oz jighead. The larger size Fin S Fish are money on pike, Stripers and big bass!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You don't have to get the pre boxed set. Some of the stuff in there is useless. You can get anything you want at www.banjominnowparts.com. I had to re-order yesterday as I lost some of my favorite color. I use the 3" and the small hooks and corkscrews. Seems to work pretty well for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts