Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIrst you will need a cedar plank...you have probabl yheard of cedar plank salmon...well this is a very similar recipe, and it is the only thing worth doing with a carp if you are hiungry!

FIrst you soak the cedar plank in water for about two hours so it does not burn. Then light the barbecue.

First SCALE the carp, adn then clean it...field dress style...you know-remove the innards, and the head or at least the gills...it's only civilized!

Now take the carp and nail or staple the tail of the fish and the thickest part of the body, to the cedar plank.

Set the plank on the grill and season it with salt, pepper and a squeeze or two of lemon.

When the fish is done, carefully remove it form the plank. DIscard the fish and eat the plank.

Bon Appetite! :eek:

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
The previous recipe also works for Coot, Mudhens, Eelpout, Suckers, and mother-in-law meatloaf!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
zman said:
The previous recipe also works for Coot, Mudhens, Eelpout,
Eelpout, burbot, lawyer, freshwater cod, ling, etc., are considered quite the delicacy. We don't have any here in colorado to my knowledge. Everyone I talk to from the north says eelpout are the best eaters out there.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard they taste like lobster, and are called "poor man's lobster" up in Northern Wyoming...HOWEVER, I ALSO heard that Monkfish tasted like lobster and was called "Poor Man;s Lobster", and it tastes something rather like I imagine human waste to taste!

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Lawyer...now thats funny!!!...

I'm from Minnesota...they have a lot of fish dishes they call delicacies up north...I'm not putting my mouth anywhere near any of them!!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I think this recipe would probably work best with squawfish and chub. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts