Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the lower Arkansas today and had a great time. Besides catching a bunch of smaller stockers, I pulled this beautiful cutbow and a similarly sized brown. There was a minor bwo hatch going in the afternoon and fish were killing pheasant tails and bwo dries....Great day!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Wow, there are hold overs there.... hehe, I normaly only catch stocker there. That stretch would have so much potential, if it wasnt so pressured.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, you've gotta get off the path most travelled to find the bigger fish. There are a few nice fish in the common areas, but if you do some walking, you can find places where it's rare to find anyone else. For instance, me and the kids went out yesterday. The parking lot was full below the dam, so we kept on driving. Headed downstream and started walking from there. We fished all day without seeing another person. It was great!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You mean I cant just back the jeep up to the water's edge and catch some monsters!?!?!! Im to out of shape to walk. :p

I kid.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Is the lower Ark below pueblo or are you talking about the parkdale area. I fished the Parkdale and up to cotipaxi area and it was slow. I think it was still to cold. I only fish rapalas and caught 4 but normally we catch 20-30 a piece

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah he is talking about below the Pueblo dam, its usually a pretty decent fishing area all year round. There is always a hatch going on there, and it is well stocked, and it has that new trout habitat they built. So its a pretty good time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Epic- Sure, you can drive the jeep down to the water's edge...how big are your tires? ;)
The upper river above Parkdale is really starting to pick up now, Trout. I'm not sure when you fished it last, but prior to last week's storm, it was absolutely ROCKIN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts